Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Which WIFI Adapter is compatible with the Polycom VVX 450?

Arielis
Frequent Visitor

Which WIFI Adapter is compatible with the Polycom VVX 450?

Hi,

What type of wifi adapter are you using with the Polycom VVX450?

Many Thanks,

Ariel

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Which WIFI Adapter is compatible with the Polycom VVX 450?

Hello @Arielis ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. I have moved this to the correct section.

From our FAQ:

Jun 05, 2018 Question: Do Poly Phones support a USB WiFi adapter?

Resolution: Please => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 7
Arielis
Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

It`s seems that they are all out of stock at the moment. Can we use another compatible WIFI adapter? Why yours is different ? 

Message 3 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Arielis ,

Only the ObiHai USB Adapter can be used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Arielis 

since UC Software 5.9.1 we also support the Edimax EW-7811UTC. Our Release notes still list an incorrect HW version and I am looking into getting this corrected.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 5 of 7
Arielis
Frequent Visitor

Thank you,

I`ve now got the dongle. I`ve plugged in to the phone but there is no wifi setup page displayed as per your tutorial. I am using the obi edition of the firmware. How can I activate the wifi?

Many Thanks,

Message 6 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Arielis ,

As just discussed via PM the Edimax Dongle, as stated in our WiFi FAQ, only works with the UC Software for VVX and not the ObiEdition.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 7 of 7