Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have some Polycom CX100 devices that work fine and install automatically on Windows XP fine. I have one user who has a flat screen TV with an integrated PC that is running Windows XP Embedded and the Polycom is detected but prompts for drivers. Should these devices work on XP Embedded and if so is there a download location for the drivers?

Thank you for any pointers you can provide. :generic:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am not aware if any embedded XP or Windows 7 is supported and can only refer you to raise this with our Partner Microsoft directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello MrRoboto,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are no additional drivers delivered with the CX100 products as the CX100 relies on the OCS / LYNC Client being installed on the machine.

If this Software from our Partner is not installed the Device will not work.

Please check this => FAQ Post <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi there Steffen,

Thank you very much for the reply. Ah, I did not understand the drivers came from OCS so I should have said I have been able to install Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 (v3.5.6907.244) on the Windows XP Embedded device and this works fine.

Does this mean there are no drivers in the OCS package for the Polycom CX100 on XP embedded?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am not aware if any embedded XP or Windows 7 is supported and can only refer you to raise this with our Partner Microsoft directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.