Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I ordered a wallmount for the IP 550 (part number 2200-12611-001) but what I received seems to be the wall mount for the IP 450 or some other model.  It doesn't fit properly like the desk mount does, instead the phone wobbles and is very easy to pop out of the mount.  The mount doesn't look like the pictures online.

The vendor told me it drop shipped from the manufacturer (Polycom), and it arrived sealed.  It says part number 2200-12611-001 on the box.  It came with the correct mounting instructions, which simply state "SoundPoint IP Wallmount Installation Instructions" on the top.  But the instructions are obviously for a different mount because the wall installation template does NOT match the hole pattern on the plastic mount.

On the back of the plastic I can see the following numbers: 1342-11611-002.  This makes me think it is the mount for the IP 500/600 (part number 2200-11611-001) or for the IP 450 (which is part number 2200-11611-002).  It looks closest to the 500/600 model.

Anyone with a wall mount handy, what numbers on the back (raised numbers in the plastic)?

I'm afraid if I order another one I'm going to keep getting the wrong one.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello syplex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

These are the different Wall Mount details:

2200-11611-002 SoundPoint IP Wallmount Bracket kit. For use with SoundPoint IP450 phone.
2200-12611-001 SoundPoint IP Wallmount Bracket kit. For use with SoundPoint IP 550, 560, 650 and 670 phones.
2200-17542-001 Desk Stand for use with SoundPoint IP 450. 5-Pack. Replacement Product.
2200-17543-001 Combined Deskstand and Wallmount for use with SPIP 320, SPIP 330, SPIP 321, SPIP 331 and SPIP 335. 5-Pack, Replacement Product. 
2200-17586-001 SoundPoint IP Wallmount Bracket kit for use with SoundPoint IP 450. 5-pack.
2200-17587-001 SoundPoint IP Wallmount Bracket kit. For use with SoundPoint IP 550, 560, 650 and 670 phones. 5-pack.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

The problem is I ordered 2200-12611-001 but received something else that isn't that model.  It came in a sealed box with the correct model number printed on it, but it doesn't fit the IP 550.  So I think something went wrong at the factory or packaging plant.  I can order again but I fear I will keep getting this same, incorrect, part.

I believe there is also another model not in your list:

2200-11611-001      SoundPoint IP Wallmount Bracket kit. For use with SoundPoint IP 501, 601 phone.

Hole spacing:

The paper template included with mount spacing is:   4 13/16"

The actual spacing on the mount is:   5 1/16"

Take a look at the attached image showing a number embedded into the plastic, which seems to indicate it is one of the 11611 models and doesn't match the 12611 that I ordered.  Also see an image of the box showing part number 2200-12611-001.

HP Recommended

Well, I ordered another one from a different reseller.  Hopefully I get the correct part this time.  I will post back here when I get it.

HP Recommended

Hello syplex,

Our product management team would be interested in the following:

• The wall mount pops out easily (can you provide a video?

• The paper template does not match actual mounting hole separation?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

• The wall mount pops out easily (can you provide a video?

• The paper template does not match actual mounting hole separation?

I will try to make a video of the wall mount.  

On your second point, yes the paper template does NOT match the actual mounting hole separation.  The holes in the paper template are 4.8125" apart while the actual mounting holes are 5.0625" apart.  The difference is 0.25" which is much too large for the template to work.

HP Recommended

I made some videos to show what I am talking about.

I put the phone on my desk and did a comparison test between the wall mount to the desktop mount:

Polycom IP 550 - Desktop Mount test --- Desktop mount is tightly connected to phone, doesn't budge

Polycom IP 550 - Wall Mount test ---- Wall mount is loosely connected to phone, wobbles

Polycom IP 550 - Phone falls off wall mount ---- In this video I have the wall mount attached to the wall, and show how easily it is knocked off the wall completely.

HP Recommended

The new wall mount arrived today and just like I had feared, I received the exact same incorrect part.

The wall mount instructions are the same as well, the template doesn't match the mount.

The phone wobbles and falls out of this mount just like the last one.

Interestingly, the boxes both indicate the same date on the box: 20150602.  Maybe this is a bad batch?

HP Recommended

Hello syplex,

could you contact me via the Community Email providing your contact details and a MAC address of a Phone so we can open a case in your region and work with you on this in order to determine if there is an issue in the field?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Will do.

Note, there isn't an issue in the field, the issue is with the wall mount.  I have tried multiple wall mounts with multiple phones. Either the incorrect part was placed in the box or the wall mount design is very poor and incorrect instructions were placed in the box, but I feel that this would be a common complaint (and I've found nothing like this when searching).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.