Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Wrong time shown although right Time Zone configured

SeanDevoy
Occasional Contributor

Wrong time shown although right Time Zone configured

I found on our IP 335s that the web interface was setting the tcpIpapp.sntp.gmtOffset="-5" for EST.  The value represents SECONDS so it was actually applying the offset, bu the value is wrong.  Changing the value to "-18000" for -5 hours worked like a charm.

I did also set tcpIpapp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideSHCP="1"

POLYCOM FOLKS - fix the web interface bug - multiply your current setting * 3600!

Sean

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Wrong time shown although right Time Zone configured

Hello Sean,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I moved your post from the WiFi section as this is the correct section and you replied to a post => here <=

The SoundPoint IP was introduced in SIP 3.2.1 Rev B and the comment in  regards to a "bug" could be in any software since then as you did not provide any information what Software version you assume to have found this "bug" in.

I had a look through our release notes up until UCS 4.0.3 and could not find an fixed issue as related by yourself.

I suggest you work with your Polycom reseller as your Tier 1 support and get them to raise a ticket with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2