Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

XML API - Restart phone

dave8723
Visitor

XML API - Restart phone

Hi

Is there an XML API function available to restart the phone? 

I have some SoundPoint devices which won't support the REST API so I'm looking for a way to remote restart them, without having to use the web admin or send a NOTIFY from the SIP server.

Thanks

David

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: XML API - Restart phone

Hello David,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Prior to UC Software 5.4.0 that is the only possibility.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 9
Mine
Visitor

so how can I use REST to reboot Polycom (5.5.1)?

Message 3 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Mine,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The REST API is at present reserved to our Interoperability and service provider partners.

I can only assume you are an simple end customer so you do not have access to this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 9
Mine
Visitor

Hello,

We have hundreds of Polycom VVX phones, (possibly to up thousands) as we deploy them..

What is the best way to administratively reboot them?
Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello mine,

Could I kindly ask you to action on my reply?

The only other way is via the FAQ described SIP INFO Header.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 9
Mine
Visitor

<apps apps.restapi.enabled="1" />

Message 7 of 9
SteffenBaierUK

Hello mine,

enabling the API via the configuration Parameter or simply via the Web UI still does not provide you with the relevant required documentation.

I already replied to this prior.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 8 of 9
BreaKDowN
Occasional Visitor

We were faced with the same problem.  We needed to reboot about 250 VVX 410 phones on a nightly basis.  We were on older firmware and a reboot was the only way to update the directory.

I wrote a powershell script that would log into our cisco access layer switches, and would run 'show cdp neighbors | poly'.  This would give me all of the Polycom phones and the interface that they were plugged into.  The script would then drop into each interface, one by one, and run 'power inline never', and then 'power inline auto'.  This would disable and re-enable the POE for the interface, essentially rebooting the phone.  It would take a few hours to get through all the phones, but it was pretty solid for the 8 months it needed to run (we updated our phones to newer firmware and no longer needed to reboot the phones).

Message 9 of 9