Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

Is there an XML API function available to restart the phone? 

I have some SoundPoint devices which won't support the REST API so I'm looking for a way to remote restart them, without having to use the web admin or send a NOTIFY from the SIP server.

Thanks

David

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello David,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Prior to UC Software 5.4.0 that is the only possibility.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

so how can I use REST to reboot Polycom (5.5.1)?

HP Recommended

Hello Mine,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The REST API is at present reserved to our Interoperability and service provider partners.

I can only assume you are an simple end customer so you do not have access to this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have hundreds of Polycom VVX phones, (possibly to up thousands) as we deploy them..

What is the best way to administratively reboot them?
Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello mine,

Could I kindly ask you to action on my reply?

The only other way is via the FAQ described SIP INFO Header.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

<apps apps.restapi.enabled="1" />

HP Recommended

Hello mine,

enabling the API via the configuration Parameter or simply via the Web UI still does not provide you with the relevant required documentation.

I already replied to this prior.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We were faced with the same problem.  We needed to reboot about 250 VVX 410 phones on a nightly basis.  We were on older firmware and a reboot was the only way to update the directory.

I wrote a powershell script that would log into our cisco access layer switches, and would run 'show cdp neighbors | poly'.  This would give me all of the Polycom phones and the interface that they were plugged into.  The script would then drop into each interface, one by one, and run 'power inline never', and then 'power inline auto'.  This would disable and re-enable the POE for the interface, essentially rebooting the phone.  It would take a few hours to get through all the phones, but it was pretty solid for the 8 months it needed to run (we updated our phones to newer firmware and no longer needed to reboot the phones).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.