Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After looking through the docs, and updating to the latest firmware for the Polycom 321. I still can not find a key that maps to the 'Dial' physical key on the 321's. Currently I have to have an app wait for the interdigit timeout to be able to send the call.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello WilliamKing,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 04, 2013 Question: Can I remotely control the Phone or send content to the Phone?

Answer: The <apps/> parameter can be used to utilize the push server controls and more information can be found => here <=

Above and usually the Admin Guides show all available keys and Dial is not one of them but you can simply use the tel:\\ command instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello WilliamKing,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 04, 2013 Question: Can I remotely control the Phone or send content to the Phone?

Answer: The <apps/> parameter can be used to utilize the push server controls and more information can be found => here <=

Above and usually the Admin Guides show all available keys and Dial is not one of them but you can simply use the tel:\\ command instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I likewise would like to push the 'Dial' key.   I am trying to do a blind transfer via push and after entry the phone number (via key presses) the user is currently forced to hit the Dial key manually.  Like WilliamKing I therefore want to know how to make the phone dial at that point.

Currently I am sending:

<PolycomIPPhone><Data priority="Critical">Key:Transfer\nKey:SoftKey3\nKey:DialPad2\nKey:DialPad1\nKey:DialPad8\nKey:DialPad6\nKey:DialPad7\nKey:DialPad7\n
Key:DialPad3</Data></PolycomIPPhone>

The screen shows 'Blind transfer to' and the dialled number appears.  But how do I make it dial?  I have tried adding Key:Handfree but the phone does something but never rings the outbound number.

I;ve also tried using 'tel' as mentioned:

<PolycomIPPhone><Data priority="Critical">Key:Transfer\nKey:SoftKey3\ntel:\\2186773</Data></PolycomIPPhone>

but that just causes the phone to display Hold(\\2186773)

Is there anyway to do a blind transfer using the push commands?

HP Recommended

Likewise for a supervised transfer I have the same issue (with 4.1.0.84959 on an IP321)

HP Recommended

Hi Paul and all,

in order to transfer the call I quickly tried:

priority="critical">Key:Transfer

above places the current call on hold

You can then simply

priority="critical">tel:\\3010

which will then dial extension 3010

and then another

priority="critical">Key:Transfer

Above works for me

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Sorry I forgot to state I am trying to perform a blind transfer (without using SoftKeys that move around)

HP Recommended

While 'tel:8000' works for the transfer scenarios, I still think that the 'Dial' key should be added. I now have to work around the fact that it works on all models except the 321.

HP Recommended

I have a polycom IP 650 I'm working with:

I have apps.push configured as per the instructions.  Push messages work fine.  I can get the sample fire drill message to display.

Here's my issue:

When I send the following:

<PolycomIPPhone><Data priority="critical">Key:Status</Data></PolycomIPPhone>

The phone screen displays the message Key:Status as if it was a message broadcast.  It does not execute any commands.  I've tried various Key commands and many others and no matter what I do, it just displays the message instead of executing a command.

Polycom SIP: 4.1.1

HP Recommended

Hello Markm,

welcome back to the Polycom community

Some or a couple of your old post(s) => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provided some form of feedback or answer or any Polycom reference.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently.

For your new issue UC Software 4.1.1 is for LYNC usage only. UC Software 4.0.11 is openSIP and is currently the latest. The FAQ above shows troubleshooting tips to ensure the formatting is correct and has working examples.

If you follow the FAQ 100% and still can reproduce the issue please work with your reseller to get this into Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Re-visiting this old issue that was never resolved.

We're still trying to get *basic* functionality of <Data> push commands working.

Now we're using VVX 450, VVX 411

And Software 6.0.0 and 6.1.0

The following does not work!!!

<PolycomIPPhone><Data priority="critical">Key:Status</Data></PolycomIPPhone>

This type of thing is straight from the Polycom Web Application Developers Guide.

Page 26,

The guide states that you can send the following in a push for execution

<PolycomIPPhone>
<Data priority=”Important”>
Key:Line1
Key:DialPad0
Key:DialPad1
</Data>
</PolycomIPPhone>

I send this data with:

curl --digest -u vvxmanager:vvxmanager \
-d @/tmp/test_polycom_push_data \
--header "Content-Type: application/x-com-Polycom-spipx" https://${IP}/push -k

Is the guide wrong?  Is there a firmware bug?  Is this feature missing entirely from the firmware?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.