Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

ZTP options VVX450 firmware 6.4

ZTP options VVX450 firmware 6.4

I am super confused and cannot find any documentation on this in the release notes or any where from poly- which is frustrating. 

I recently updated my Poly vvx450 to 6.4

now in the provisioning server settings i have two options for ZTP 

Poly ZTP- which is off 

Polycom ZTP- which is on. 

What is the difference in these ? and why are there 2 now ? Can they not both be on at the same time ? are they different settings for different things ? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: ZTP options VVX450 firmware 6.4

Hello @IsThisTheKrustyKrab ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Poly ZTP is reserved for future use. If you are not yet using Polycom Zero Touch provisioning aka ZTP I would not worry about it. It is for service providers that use our phones in large numbers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4

So if i do want to use ZTP.

All that matters really is that the Polycom ZTP setting is set to enabled ? 

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @IsThisTheKrustyKrab 

yes

best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4