Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm new to poly and voip in general so please bear with my noobiness. I have googled this a bit and can't find an answer.

Is it possible to access the web interface using WiFi as the interface or must it be wired?

More context:

I bought a CCX700 home from the office so that I don't have to be there to tinker with it. We're using the units with Zoom. At the office, I'm able to get it networked (wired) and then access the web interface to setup the provisioning server... that get's it working. 

At home, I am networking the unit using WiFi but can't access the web interface. I was thinking it might be firewall related but i have no restriction on internally on the network. Is it possible to access the web interface using WiFi as the interface?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @jayNYPL ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be of interest what software version the phone is running and also if this is the new Zoom Phone appliance or just openSIP?

WiFi should make no difference to the Web Interface.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi! 

It's running 6.2.11.1323 and it's OpenSIP at the moment. Once I can get to the interface I will be installing the Zoom Appliance 🙂

HP Recommended

Dec 04, 2015 Question:How can I provision/upgrade the software via USB for the Poly Trio, CCX and/or Visual+?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I can confirm that the web interface is NOT available over WiFi.

I plug into my home router and was able to get to it via that interface.

My guess is that the internal web server binds to the hardwire interface.

BTW, the Zoom Appliance is AMAZING! Love it!

HP Recommended

@jayNYPL 

What software version did you test this with?

replied vi a mobile device 

HP Recommended

6.2.11.1323🙂

HP Recommended

Hello @jayNYPL ,

I did find the same once downgrading to 6.2.11.1323. Later version should be fine. 6.2.11.1323 is no longer a supported version so I suggest upgrading whilst on a wired Lan connection or use the USB method described.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.