Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, we have a small office with six new Polycom VVX 310 phones with Onsip as our VOIP provider. Everything is working great but I was crushed to find out that the phones are not preconfigured to intercom from one internal user to another. This is such a basic phone feature. I have read lots on the subject but and believe I can add this feature but need step by steps instructions, Can somebody give me a clear path to get this feature installed on our phones? Thanks very much.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hello DCM

Could I kindly ask you to check here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

For additional answers please utilise the community search and the FAQ as this has been discussed before

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The link you posted is dead - it is not clickable. However, I have already read the information you are referring to including the zip files at the end of the thread. Note that the beginning of the thread states "UCS 5.2.0 added a new Feature to the compatible phones. This is Server independent as the Phone simply adds the Alert-Info within the INVITE. This works for example also with LYNC." My first question is, will this work with my VVX-310 phones? I don't want to burn more daylight on this just to find out this does not apply to the VVX-310. This information was an "add-on" to a thread about ring tones; I've noticed several references back to this thread from people like me asking about intercom. Why not have a thread dedicated to the subject of intercoms? Intercoms are such a basic feature of a phone system that I never even thought to check or ask if the Polycom phones had this feature (native). I was shocked that that they don’t (or at least the VVX 310 does not). I'd gladly pay to get this problem resolved. You guys could make life a lot easier for guys like me by posting some step-by-step instructions and maybe even with some screen shots. How such a common feature could not be native on a phone is beyond my comprehension. Please either direct me to step by step instructions or direct me to a vendor in the Chicago region that could fix this issue.

HP Recommended
Hello DCM

Many features depend on the server to support them. I would not have replied with the above if the VVX would not support this.

The signalling from the SIP header is being used for what most people commonly describe as intercom. Therefore the FAQ post was created.

In addition our phones also support PTT / Push to talk Or paging which is also described in the FAQ.

Your Polycom reseller is your 1st level support contact for all such support requests.

The reason these features are disabled is that not all SIP server support as such and we simply try to be as compatible as possible.

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.