Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Sadly, no. We just revved to 4.1.6 however and it seems to be fixed. However, this has introduced a new bug where the call history stops incrementing randomly til a phone reboot. So... Pick your poison. Read went rounds with our vendor as well. We even grabbed the impossible packet capture where it happened and got no support.
HP Recommended

Hello N0ph0s,

Could I kindly ask you to follow up you other post => here <= as well?

In regards to this topic again you are using completely outdated software versions.

The latest in the UC 4.1.x range is 4.1.8 but overall for SIP the latest is UC Software 5.4.0

You claim you received no support even with the packet capture but have so far not provided a Polycom Ticket reference starting with 1-

Only if you have such Ticket reference a case with Polycom support was raised.

I am not sure who you are talking with in this case but it may be the easiest if you post your MAC address so I can look up who we, Polycom, have sold this phone to.

Sometimes a side effect of trying to safe money when purchasing items is the reseller selling items may not be willing or technically incapable to help the person who purchased the item.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm not usig Cisco as a call manager.  I'm using SIP to a Metaswitch Class 5 softswitch.  Metaswitch is a certified partner with Polycom and I got most of the set up off of their Mosiac Website.  The settings they used are supposed to be tested with Polycom and are considered "Meta" accreddited.  The newest/current  Polycom version I'm running is 5.2.2.  and from what I'm told that is a good gerneral release to use.

Also if the phone isn't sending an invite back to the CFS/call manager and I'm doing my capture right off the phone it would point to a phone issue.  I should see an invite going out to bring the call legs back together.

Once again I will try opening a ticket with our phone vendor.  If they are unable to help it puts me a a precarious situtation.  I really didn't feel like getting Polycom certifed this week.

HP Recommended

I have been looking on the communites for a couple of different answers and I wish Polycom would post some of the fixes that were found when customers opened TAC cases.  That way everyone could learn and probably help their TAC reduce a couple of calls.

I will post what I found with my intermittenent call issue.

After numberous WIreshark traces we found that the phone was sending an invite that was too large so the ISP was dropping the packet.  The invtite was > than 1500 bytes and the service provider didn't support jumbo frames so when the packet made it to them they just dropped it.   The wierd thing is the Invites were only this large for calls that were placed on hold.  All other invites were around 1000 bytes which was fine.  I'm not sure why the phone was trying to create a jumbo frame?  I had traces running in numberous spots and I could see the packet leaving the phone, enterning the firewall, leaving the firewall but never making it to the SBC. So the source of the oversize packet was definalty the phone.

Solution

I reduced the amount of codecs the phone can fall back to and removed all video codecs.  The thought was, this could potentially reduce the invite size.  Once again, not sure why the call hold retrieve was larger than the rest of the invites.

I also set the "call hold type" to RFC 3264.  It was set to auto but I locked it so it can't float. 

After changing those two things all of the calls that had the call hold retrieval issue worked.

Long story short if you are having ssues retrieving calls that were put on hold check your invite MTU size off of the phone that is having issue.  

HP Recommended

Hello Mark.Nie,

There is a pretty simple reply to this.

There are over 20 different replies or people including myself participating in this post.

To my knowledge nobody has so far reported this to Polycom support. If they did they never got back here and posted their Ticket Reference.

Therefore we from Polycom can never fix anything in the first place if we are not given a chance to actually investigate the issue and ensure we / our software is causing the issue on the first place.

In addition there are people posting with issues on LYNC and other jumped on this post using different SIP servers which does not help either.

And just as an final explanation all our open customer ticket's with fixes in new / different software versions are documented in the freely available release notes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I completely forgot about this issue until recently. The original issue was with 4.x firmware. I'm experiencing something similar on a new system but haven't confiremd if the "hold trick" is a work-around like it was in the past.

The solution for me when I originally ran into this issue Jan 2014 : 

-ran asterisk-version-switch. (switched from asterisk 10 to 11)

-changed device in pbx to be g722 only.

-updated freepbx internal apps and modules

-updated from freepbx 4.211.64-6 to 5.211.65-4

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.