Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We started getting in some vvx 410 phones to augment our older IP 450s and people are experiencing intermittent one way audio issues with the new phones.

They have figured out to press hold/resume on their VVX phone to work around the issue. Anyone have this problem? I read about a similar issue on the MS Lync forums but no solution.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I completely forgot about this issue until recently. The original issue was with 4.x firmware. I'm experiencing something similar on a new system but haven't confiremd if the "hold trick" is a work-around like it was in the past.

The solution for me when I originally ran into this issue Jan 2014 : 

-ran asterisk-version-switch. (switched from asterisk 10 to 11)

-changed device in pbx to be g722 only.

-updated freepbx internal apps and modules

-updated from freepbx 4.211.64-6 to 5.211.65-4

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hello bbrendon,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are these calls internal calls between phones or are these calls external calls via a gateway ?

If Gateway:

• What Software Version are you running on the VVX 410?

• What gateway is being used and what software version and has the gateway provider been contacted yet?

• Has Microsoft being contacted yet?

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found => here <=

You may want to contact your Polycom reseller so they can open a support ticket for yourself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response..

We're currently running 5.0.1. I also tried a 4.x version (don't recall which. it came with the phone), and 5.0.0. No improvements.

We don't make many internal calls. I haven't noticed it internally, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. We've mostly noticed it with external calls coming in.

We're running asterisk.

Asterisk 10.12.2 built by root @ jenkins-el6-64.schmoozecom.net on a x86_64 running Linux on 2013-06-02 15:09:32 UTC

We're using a ring group for incoming calls. This sounds very similar.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Intermittent-onewayaudio-issue-Polycom-BroadSoft-45079.S.86040221

Oh, here is the Lync thread I found.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/8b43be00-1580-477b-a61c-b44bd34ecec1/one-way-a...

HP Recommended

Hello bbrendon,

I had assumed it is a LYNC issue as I had heard a similar error description before.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above will explain how you can locally attempt to troubleshoot this issue.

If the FAQ post is insufficient to do so please contact your Polycom reseller so this can be brought up to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey Brbrendon, have you gotten any further on this? 

we have a lot of vvx 500's and are having a similar issue, intermitantly one-way audio on inbound calls. Ours seem to be mainly if the user answers via speakerphone. 

Two way audio can be restored by the user flipping from speakerphone to handset/headset then back to speakerphone.

Our two issues sound similar.

HP Recommended

Any resolution on this?

We are experiencing a lot of calls that will drop the audio in one direction on internal calls VVX to VVX 

We are also experiencing the same thing across the SBC, however the SBC is programmed to drop the call if it notices that there is an audiostream missing.

We have not had any issues with audio on the CX series phones or using the PC's Lync client 

We are using the latest firmware - but are rolling on level back to the initial released version 5 firmware on some phones to see if that will alleviate the issue.

Any comments or recommendations would be great - my customer is going crazy...

Jens

HP Recommended

Hello Jens,

This post is about a SIP registration as far as I am aware and not LYNC.

As long as none of the posters report this to Polycom support via their Polycom reseller we will be unable to troubleshoot this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

we have the exact same problem with our VVX phones. We have to use fw 4.1.7 because of the Expansion Modules. We never had the problem when using VVX phones without the EM. Of course we are running different firmware when EM is not required but the problem is sporadic and it happen often on busy systems when we monitor blf keys. The only way is to renegotiate the media by hold-unhold or moving speaker-handset handset-speaker and etc. We tried to change the local rtp port to start from 10000 and above to match the asterisk rtp 10000-20000 without any success. Anybody was able to resolve that?

Thank you.

Ivan

HP Recommended

unfortunatly no, the problem has stopped happening except for the very rare occasion. I was unable to get support since they wanted packet captures from the call when it was happening.

I was never able to get that.

HP Recommended

Hello Ivan,

This needs to be worked via our support team.

Please raise a ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.