Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

In the documentation it states that the autoOffhook will still allow extension calling by pressing the speakerphone or line button, however as soon as I do this the autocall just begins ringing and not allowing me to dial any extensions. I am connected to a PBX with an analog gateway as we are using analog lines. I've uploaded the .cfg file via the web gui. The model I am experiencing this issue on is :

VVX 201

UC Software Version6.3.1.11465
Updater Version6.3.1.2346

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @MarkLe ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Where did you find this statement? UC Software 6.3.0 or 6.4.0 Admin Guides do not mention this. In addition, for example, an old UC Software 4.0.0 Admin Guide specifically mentions:

• You can configure the phone to automatically place a call to a specified number when you go off-hook. This feature is sometimes referred to as Hot Dialing. The phone goes off-hook when you lift the handset, press the New Call soft key, or press the headset or speakerphone buttons on the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It was actually in one of your posts, I thought I saw it in formal documentation as well but cant seem to find it.

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/Re-FAQ-How-can-I-get-the-phone-to-automatically-dia...

"In order to still be able to dial a number simply type the number as usual and press the dial softkey or the Headset or Speaker button."

HP Recommended

Hello @MarkLe ,

Just did a quick test using:

<test call.autoOffHook.1.enabled="1" call.autoOffHook.1.contact="3096" />
  • Dial 123 and press Dial dials 123
  • Dial 123 and press loudspeaker and the phone dials 123
  • Dial nothing and go off hook and the phone dials 3096
  • Dial nothing and press loudspeaker and the phone dials 3096

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Wow, after all the time I spent you'd think I would have tried that... everything I tried involved getting a dial tone first before dialing etc. I can confirm if I dial ext. first then hit dial I can call extensions. Thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.