Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

can putty use to change the settings of polycom soundpoint IP550 ?

Advisor

can putty use to change the settings of polycom soundpoint IP550 ?

hello all

its possible to use Putty to change the settings of polycom phones? i tird it it show me error msg : conection refused ..

is there any way to make it work ?

Regards

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: can putty use to change the settings of polycom soundpoint IP550 ?

Hello Syamand,

Telnet or SSH is not officially supported so the answer is no.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Advisor

thank you very much for the reply

the reason i want to use it , is to remotly change the server menu settings ...is there any way to to this ?

REgards

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Syamand,

there is no need to open multiple different post's. I have seen your other post asking this question already and want to give other community members a chance to reply.

If you require urgent or fast support you should work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

I will respond most likely to your other post as well once I have time to do so.

Please be patient or follow up as advised within the community, in my signature or as explained above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4