Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I upgraded the software to the latest version on a vvx 600.  When I changed the base from Generic to Lync the phone continues on an endless reboot.  I am trying to downgrade the software version but it is doing nothing.  How do I either get it to quit rebooting or downgrade the software version?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Kringer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently or originally used software version as in a few weeks / months / years nobody will be able to remember what the latest software was when you originally posted this.

• Can you describe what you mean by doing nothing ?
    Is the phone simply rebooting over and over again ?

If you are stuck with this please point the phone to a local provisioning server.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I tried to enter in the provisioning server manually and it does the same thing.  It will boot up and it shows me logged in but none of the features work.  I can't get into the settings or even the screen to click/tap on settings.  After a couple of seconds the phone reboots.  The version of the software that it is running is ver: 5.2.0.8330

When I try to downgrade the software version nothing happens on the phone.  It doesn't reboot or anything.  It just sits there like nothing has been sent to the phone.  I am not sure why this is happening.  It worked when I upgraded to the newest version.

I have another vvx phone with ver: 5.1.2.1801 and it works just fine. 

Thoughts?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Kringer,

when you interupt the boot process of the phone at the beginning via cancel you can add a local provisioning server address.

Try to factory default the unit first via the multiple key combination:

Reset to Factory Removes the Web and local override files, any stored configuration files in the flash file system, as well as any custom certificates and encryption keys. All network and provisioning settings are reset but the UC Software application and updater remain intact.

You can also use a multiple key combination to reset your phone to the factory defaults. Depending on your phone model, press and hold the following keys simultaneously during the updater/BootROM countdown process until the password prompt displays:

● VVX 1500: 4, 6, 8, and * dial pad keys
● VVX 300, 310, 400, 410: dial pad keys 1, 3, and 5
● VVX 500 and 600: dial pad keys 1, 3, and 5

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have reset the phone back to factory default settings.  I changed the date and time to the appropriate settings and then changed the base from Generic to Lync.  It rebooted and I signed in with my extension and pin number.  It did the same thing again.  It is continually rebooting.  Is there a way to downgrade the software version?  I have tried to do this through the web interface the same way I upgraded it and the phone doesn't reboot or change the version at all.

HP Recommended

Hello Kringer,

as already explained:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I am trying to get a server setup with the right files to get this to downgrade to a previous version with no luck.  I think that I need to have the other file "UC downgrader utility" for my current version.  I can't find that anywhere.  Do you have a link of the file so I can download it and add it to our FTP site?  I am really struggling with this and am very frustrated at this point.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Kringer,

there is no upgrader or downgrader required for the VVX phones.

SImply download UCS 5.1.2 and unzip it and assign a FTP user to it as described in my FAQ post.

If this is not possible please work with your Polycom reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

i really appreciate all of your help.  I tried doing everything you mentioned to no avail.  I did get support and we tried again with the same results.  We tried manually changing the provisioning on the phone and still nothing.  I came in this morning and changed the base to Lync and rebooted.  Weird enough it downloaded the older software version from the internet, installed it and it is working great now.  I don't know what happened with the other upgrade but it wasn't letting me do much.  Again, thank you for you advice and patience with this.  I know I had lost my patience with it.  🙂

HP Recommended

I am also trying to upgrade downgrade a VVX300 with no success (5.4.0 to 5.3.1). I have tried all the ways to do it. I cannot use the Polycom server because the phones dont have access to the web. I have tried the Web interface using a custom server and also setting up a TFTP server. Nothing works.

I have extracted the files from the Polycom zip file download from the Polycom site but when I look at the TFTP log the phone is doing a GET for files that do not exist in the folder.

Help please.

Some of the files it ios looking for but that are not in the folder:

000000000000-license.cfg

000000000000-directory.xml

and several files with the phones mac address at the front of the name like 0004f281ecd5.cfg

and it never ask for the sip.id file which to my understanding is the firmware file.

Have I downloaded the wrong file for a VVX300 maybe

I downloaded this file from Polycom and extracted it in the TFTP-ROOT folder:

from this site

http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc_sw_releases_matrix.html

file name:

Polycom_UC_Software_5_3_1_release_sig_split

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.