Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there

is there a way to add a custom config file that will tell the phone to exectue a command at all?

ie:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="4.1.7.sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="phone.cfg,729.cfg,no_custom_ca.cfg,English_United_Kingdom.cfg,default_logging.cfg,sys.cfg" MISC_FILES="misc.cfg" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY=""></APPLICATION>

misc.cfg contains:

<PolycomIPPhone><Data Action:UpdateConfig</Data></PolycomIPPhone>

or something to that effect...

Many thanks in advance

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

That misc.cffg is not populated via the usual Polycom configuration files.

You can send HTTP request's to the phone (depening on the Software version) that can cause certain actions but you can simply use the SIP NOTIFY with a Check-Sync header which is a day one feature.

This is described in the FAQ and in addition have a look at :

Feb 04, 2013 Question: Can I remotely control the Phone or send content to the Phone?

Answer: The <apps/> parameter can be used to utilize the push server controls and more information can be found => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi steffen

Thanks for the reply - I know about sending HTTP requests to the phone using push in apps etc I was just wondering if there is any sort of way to run a command via a custom confi file at all - im guessing the answer is a no?

Many thanks

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

you can use the HTTP commands to get the file to load a HTML file which can contain a action. It all depends what you are trying to do.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Ok that sounds promising - Im guessing however that the xml that will contain the action will have to sit on a server and then the config file contain URL=x.x.x.x/action.xml?

The issue I am having is basically that the phones we have (VVX series running 4.1.7) if you re-provision a user (Broadworks) to an existing device that used to be assigned to a user it takes 2 reboots for the phone to update the config and change the user details on the phone.  If you use the settings>basic>update config it updates fine but in a large scale environment this is not really feasable.  We wrote a script and combined this with the push action to update config which is ok and works but was just wondering why it now takes 2 reboots in order for the phone to update.......

The first reboot will see the phone try and register as the old user - which will obviously fail - then second reboot will update the phone to the new user.  The config files on the provisioning server are showing the correct info - its like the phone fails to request the new config which I thought it should do at each boot?

The idea was to run a command to tell the phone to check for new config within the config files.

I have also tried to increase the device.prov.redunAttemptLimit and device.prov.redunInterAttemptDelay settings but to no avail.  I know we also have the option to set the polling options but was hoping not to go down that route.  The prov prov.startupCheck.enabled="1" is also already set.

Is this something you have come across before? is there a setting in which to flush the user cache on reboot at all?

I am a bit stuck with what else to try now to be honest - my next port of call would be to open a ticket obviously....

Best regards

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

this rings a bell and I believe we may already have a ticket open.

Any configuration change by the Broadsoft server should usually trigger a check-sync and the phone should reboot and load the change.

If it does not do this and requires a second manual reboot then this is a bug.

Please raise this with our Support team so we can track this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen

I have raised this as a ticket and will provide feedback when I can

Best regards

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.