Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

cx5000 questions

SOLVED
EricvdH
Occasional Advisor

cx5000 questions

Hi,

After having been helped quickly in my previous post I deceided to give it another try for some questions I have regarding my our cx5000.

In the office we have these cisco IP telephony phones, which require us to logon before being able to place calls. Is the cx5000 capable of calling via ip telepony? If yes, Is it also capable of doing so via this office network? If attached to a phoneline, is it possible to have the conference call running via this phoneline while at the very same time distributing video via lync so that those that have lync can watch, but all attendees at least have audio via their phones?

I set up a videocall with 2 persons and gave as setting that no lync audo should be used. However, when adding the 3rd person, audo was there. Is this normal beaviour and can I disable this?

Is there a way I can set up a videocall by just showing my camera without having others to have a webcam as well?

Thnx in advance.

Cheers, Eric

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricvdH
Occasional Advisor

Re: cx5000 questions

ok, thnx.

Grtx

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Eric,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The CX5000 is a Video Device that can be connected to a PC via USB but also has an analog phone built in.

Connecting this to a analog phone line will make the CX5000 work as a conference phone.

All other LYNC / Skype for Business related questions should be asked in a Microsoft community.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
EricvdH
Occasional Advisor

ok, thnx.

Grtx

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
EricvdH
Occasional Advisor

oops, wrong solution, sorry