Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a polycom 650 phone and when I receive a 183 Session progress message from the network, the phone is trying to do a dns query on the sdp owner address field from the 183 message.

How do I stop the phone from doing that and just immediately return the Prak.

This causes delays in the call setup that are really annoying, and cause the person your calling to sit there and keep saying 'hello, hello', until the rtp stream is setup.

The device didn't do this initially, and I don't know why it has started doing it.

The software version the phone is: 4.0.4.2906.

Thanks,

D

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello D,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing your complete configuration and how you have setup your phone this is difficult to answer.

I would have to look at your whole configuration and the complete set of log files and a matching wireshark trace taken when the phone boots .

This is outside the scope for myself within the community and a service ticket would need to be raised either via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay,

So can you answer if there is ever a reason, or possiblity, that the phone could ever do this?   I have never seen this happen with a sip client before, so understanding if this behavior could be expected in any circumstance would be helpful.

That should be something that could be answered in a forum, correct?

Thanks,

D

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.