Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

dns query on owner address

Visitor

dns query on owner address

I have a polycom 650 phone and when I receive a 183 Session progress message from the network, the phone is trying to do a dns query on the sdp owner address field from the 183 message.

How do I stop the phone from doing that and just immediately return the Prak.

This causes delays in the call setup that are really annoying, and cause the person your calling to sit there and keep saying 'hello, hello', until the rtp stream is setup.

The device didn't do this initially, and I don't know why it has started doing it.

The software version the phone is: 4.0.4.2906.

Thanks,

D

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: dns query on owner address

Hello D,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing your complete configuration and how you have setup your phone this is difficult to answer.

I would have to look at your whole configuration and the complete set of log files and a matching wireshark trace taken when the phone boots .

This is outside the scope for myself within the community and a service ticket would need to be raised either via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Visitor

Re: dns query on owner address

Okay,

So can you answer if there is ever a reason, or possiblity, that the phone could ever do this?   I have never seen this happen with a sip client before, so understanding if this behavior could be expected in any circumstance would be helpful.

That should be something that could be answered in a forum, correct?

Thanks,

D

Message 3 of 3