Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

New to the forum.

Trying to update two Polycom cx5000s, I have done this several times before with different units but these two just will not take the firmware, I have attached a pic of the code, it would be great if someone could check it.

The units had been manually rolled back to factory firmware before I got to them.

Things I have tried.

Variations of case.

Uninstalling management tool.

Re-downloading firmware.

Different usb ports

Copying firmware into same folder as the device manager.

But it all ends in (0x80070002): The system cannot find the file specified.

Any help pointers would be great.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello jinx,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are these units CX5000 or CX5000HD which are failing?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thanks

they are cx5000 hd, details attached.

HP Recommended

Hello jinx,

there is no publicly available software update for the CX5000HD.

Is there a specific reason you want to upgrade these units?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

why is the firmware not available? Do you charge to upgrade to the non-publically available firmware?

The units had begun to experience problems, locking up, no audio, touch screen freezing, camera issues, etc. which each time required a reset to resolve, until the units became stuck on boot, from there they were rolled back to the basic firmware.

With the rollback the firmware seems stable but I wanted to make sure they were the best they could be, as with the cx5000(non HD) units that I have previously upgraded.

HP Recommended

Hello jinx,

The CX5000HD never required a update to its software as we had not real customer issues in the field.

We recently had reports of the Microphone no longer working in USB calls (still working if used via the Phone line PSTN functionality) so we released a fix to customers reporting the issue.

Looking at your Email address I assume you are one of our larger corporate customers so I will email you directly so we can deal with this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

Pity this thread seems to be abandoned since I experience the exact same issue with my cx5000 (no HD as far as I can see). Want to install the latest firmware, but it gets stuck

C:\cx5000\Device Management>CX5000Manage.exe -m:img -i:eboot -f:cpueboot.bin -s:
cpueboot.cat

Enter passcode:
Uploading signature file....
Starting Image Update process...
Block 0002/0002 sent...
Flushing file, do NOT power down the device!
Image Update completed.
Starting Image Update process...
Block 0056/0056 sent...
Flushing file, do NOT power down the device!
(0x80070002) : Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

C:\cx5000\Device Management>

I now even dare not reboot the devce at all. What can I do about this?

HP Recommended

Hello EricvdH,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can you please provide a few details on the OS being used to upgrade and are you starting the command line tool as administrator.

Also what is the current software on your CX5000 and what Version do you want to upgrade to?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello EricvdH,

this unit is already a CX5000HD and does not require an update. In addition there is no publicly available software for this unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

How do you know it is?  Where can I see it is HD?

I can I safely reboot it in spite of the failed firmware install attempts?

At this moment, the device seems not to work via usb anymore. That is, I changed.the usbport from my laptop to the dockingstation it is on, and I seem to have no input anymore.

Ai. something went wrong and my previous post disappeared.

Grtx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.