Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm having trouble getting consistent results here.

I can't get a number of BLF's to work.  Here are the relevant config lines:

<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL

linekey.reassignment.enabled=1
reg.1.displayName="101"
reg.1.address="101-xyz"
reg.1.label="101"
reg.1.type="private"
reg.1.auth.userId="101-xyz"
reg.1.auth.password="12345678790"
reg.1.callsPerLineKey="1"
reg.1.lineKeys="1"
reg.1.server.1.address="sipserver"
reg.1.server.1.port="5060"
reg.1.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred"
reg.1.server.1.expires="60"
reg.1.server.1.subscribe.expires="60"
reg.1.ringType="2"
lineKey.1.category="Line"
lineKey.1.index=1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~then~~~~~~~~~~~~~

attendant.resourceList.7.address="103-xyz@pbxhost" attendant.resourceList.7.label="103-xyz" attendant.resourceList.7.type="automata" lineKey.7.category="BLF" lineKey.4.index="0"
attendant.resourceList.8.address="104-xyz@pbxhost" attendant.resourceList.8.label="104-xyz" attendant.resourceList.8.type="automata" lineKey.8.category="BLF" lineKey.4.index="0"
attendant.resourceList.9.address="105-xyz@pbxhost" attendant.resourceList.9.label="105-xyz" attendant.resourceList.9.type="automata" lineKey.9.category="BLF" lineKey.4.index="0"

etc etc. I've tried adding 20 BLF entires and I only ever get 4-6 entries on the phone, none on the expansion module.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello dandenson,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did any of my replies to your prior post's => here <= fix or address any of your issues?

Some feedback on this would be great as it could help others.

In regards to your new question the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

The above posts provides enough detail so it should be easy to change the keys on your phone.

In addition the attendant.resourceList.* parameter must be sequentially and you cannot simply start at a number of your choice. You need to start with 1 and then go up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello dandenson,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did any of my replies to your prior post's => here <= fix or address any of your issues?

Some feedback on this would be great as it could help others.

In regards to your new question the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

The above posts provides enough detail so it should be easy to change the keys on your phone.

In addition the attendant.resourceList.* parameter must be sequentially and you cannot simply start at a number of your choice. You need to start with 1 and then go up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've basically got it figured out thanks to posts in the forum here.

The issue I'm having is the concept of 'mapping' keys to tasks, and then lining up BLF and other keys.  Not enough categories and inability to index the BLFs.

In my first post, I was setting the lineKey type in a loop from a php script.  The problem is that the attendant value doesn't match the linekey position so the settings were 'missing'.

I've had to specify 96 lineKey buttons (have an expansion module) for each button's tasks and use the 'unassinged' option to make blanks.

It would be REALLY nice to have a setting to enable attendant placement so I could put an attendant at #15 and it would stick on button 15.

HP Recommended

Hello dandenson,

there are two different things here.

attendant.resourceList.X.address="BLF you want to monitor"

The X determines the position / order of the BLF's (starting with 1 going up sequently)

lineKey.Y.category="Z"

Again the Y determines what specific key is being used on the phone whilst the Z determines the functionality of such key.

The various practicalities are clearly defined aka Line, SpeedDial or BLF.

There is no requirement to define an unused key as once the flexible line key feature is enabled only specifically assigned keys are utilized. All others simply appear blank.

Basically as long as you sequently define the order of your BLF's via the X you can then place them anywhere via Y as long as Z is defined to be BLF.

The order of the BLF's appearance is determined by X.

Once you start assigning the individual Key via Y and the functionality to be Z the BLF's will appear in the order of X

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.