Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

formatting IP 550 file system

Occasional Visitor

formatting IP 550 file system

Does formatting the IP 550 File System also changes the Device Certificate from Factory Installed to Self Signed?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: formatting IP 550 file system

Hello @randyrlopez ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Factory installed certificates stay untouched by this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for assuring that the factory installed certificate will not be affected by formatting the File System. I did format the fiel system of the phone and it retained the Factory Installed certificate. With the phone formatted, we were able to upate the firmware and have the phone provisioned to the Ring Central server.

A follow-up question if I may. There are a bunch of our phone that have Self-Signed as Device Certificate. Base on my conversation with one of Ring Central's provisioning support, the phone will not be able to provision itself with the provisioning server if it has the Self-Signed certificate. Is there a work around that you guys know to have this phones to get provisioned using Ring Central's server? They had given us another way to have phones with self-signed certifcate to be added to Ring Central but we are missing some of functionalities which we wanted to use if we were able to provision them with the Ring Central provisioning server.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @randyrlopez ,

For more details on the Factory Device Certificate etc. please check => here <=

In addition to the factory installed device certificate, we also trust a variation of different certificates as outlined for example => here <=

Ring Central should be able to securely provision your phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4