Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hello all ,

i have some polycome phones on a remote area , and want to change the server address, what i mean instead of logining in physically to the phone and going to server menu .. then change the server type Ftp , tftp ... and put server address , server user and password and so on , i want to do it remotly is there any way

the screen shoot is attached.

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Syamand,

I only mentioned the fact that UCS 4.0.0 or newer has this possibility as I was at the time of responding unaware of your current software.

I did not request you to update. In addition I created specifically a new post explaining how to change these settings remotely based on your original question.

Please ensure you are fully utilizing the FAQ, the Admin Guide and if you are still struggling please follow the correct escalation procedure i.e. contact your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support.

You are free to ask for further help within the community but myself in my capacity can no longer provide additional help as I have already done all I can do.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Syamand,

not knowing the current software Version of your phone affects what kind of answer that can be provided.

UCS 4.0.0 and newer has the possibility to change these settings via the phones web interface.

Any software prior to that has not got this ability.

Usually the provisioning server address would be provided via a DHCP option 160 or the Option 66 as described in this FAQ post => here <=

In addition device parameters can be changed via a configuration file.

I have provided a new FAQ post here:

Jul 25, 2013 QuestionHow can I setup certain Device parameters on my phone via a configuration file?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thank you very much for the repy

what ihave is

soundpoint IP550

BootRom version : 4.3.0

sip version : 3.2.6

but when i tried to upgrade it to sip version 4.0.4 ( http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/eula/ucs/UCagreement_combined_4_0_4_com...

it give me an error msg : not compatibale image ....

could you please put the link of the compatibale image

much apreciated .

Regards

HP Recommended

now i upgraded my phone to bootRom 4.3.1 and sip version is 3.3.5..

i tried to updgrade to higer sip it show me error msg : image is not compatibale with this phone !!

please help

regards

HP Recommended

Hello Syamand,

your reply is not related to the question you have asked.

You had already posted => here <= and => here <= and I did reply and you never followed up the post.

When you attempt to download any software since the introduction of UCS 3.3.0 you are prompted to acknowledge something similar to this:

"

READ THESE NOTICES BEFORE ACCEPTING THE DOWNLOAD OF POLYCOM® UC SOFTWARE 4.0.x:

1) Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x onto phones running Polycom® UCS released prior to version 4.0.0, you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility.

Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

2) With the release of UCS 3.3.0, the configuration files, their respective parameters and defaults, as well as the provisioning methods have been simplified and also extensively modified in comparison to prior releases. THESE CHANGES ARE NOT BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE with configuration parameters used in previous software releases. Before downloading and installing the software, Polycom strongly recommends that you become familiar with the changes described in the Administrator’s Guide for the Polycom® UC Software – 3.3.0 or newer and Technical Bulletin 60519 Simplified Configuration Improvements in Polycom® UC Software 3.3.0.

"

If you do not tick that box, and acknowledge basically what you are asked to to or be aware above, you will not be able to download the new Software.

The Part that is important to yourself, and you have been made aware of when I posted the links in your other posts, is this:

"

Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x onto phones running Polycom® UCS released prior to version 4.0.0, you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility.

Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

"

You must read the above mentioned Engineering Advise.

Especially note the Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x and you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility

This is also explained in the FAQ post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

So please ensure you either read the engineering advise and/or check the FAQ post.

If you are still unable to follow the above please contact your Polycom reseller for support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
Thanks again for your help , my original question was " how remotely change the server menu settings without accessing the phone interface physically " and you mentioned that i should have at least version 4.0.0 software on my phone , so i tried to upgrade my phone to required version but failed thats why i put my reply in other way
I will try to follow your last reply in order to upgrade my 3.3.5 version to 4.0.0 or higher and then i will try remotely change the server menu
May be i will need your help again as these document is a bit difficult to figure out
Thanks again
Kind regards
HP Recommended

Hello Syamand,

I only mentioned the fact that UCS 4.0.0 or newer has this possibility as I was at the time of responding unaware of your current software.

I did not request you to update. In addition I created specifically a new post explaining how to change these settings remotely based on your original question.

Please ensure you are fully utilizing the FAQ, the Admin Guide and if you are still struggling please follow the correct escalation procedure i.e. contact your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support.

You are free to ask for further help within the community but myself in my capacity can no longer provide additional help as I have already done all I can do.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

thank you very much my friend , with your help i figured out how to upgrade the phone to 4.1 , and checked the settings from web browser that i need to change... all was there

thanks again

Regards

Syamand

HP Recommended

Hello all,

just to clarify the last post.

UCS 4.1.0 Rev I (current at the time of posting this) is LYNC only as stated in the release notes (Page 1):

Polycom Unified Communications (UC) software 4.1.0 Rev I is for use only with Microsoft® Lync® Server and Microsoft®
Lync® Server 2013 with qualified compatibility and using a single line registration.

UCS 4.0.4 (current at the time of posting this) is the correct SIP release for the SPIP550.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.