Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Currently, using a 331 desk phone, when an inbound call is received the display shows the inbound dialling number followed by the SIP server address. It actually scrolls across from right to left

Is there a way to remove the SIP server address displaying after the inbound number dialling ?

cheers

Neil

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Neil,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Try to set the Parameter feature.urlDialing.enabled=”0”

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello

Apprciate your assistance. Where am I able to set the Parameter? Is this on the web interface or the actual desk phone?

cheers

Neil

HP Recommended

Hello Neil,

not knowing what software version you are running you need to create a configuration file in XML or use an existing configuration and add the parameter and either load it via your provisioning server (pre- UCS 4.0.0) or import via the Web Interface (UCS 4.0.0 or newer).

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello - I have eventually worked out how to export the current configuration file into notepad, add your ammended code, save and import using the web confiuration tool........ and it seems to have worked!!! Result

Next question - when an inbound call is received it displays the number calling and then repeats the number but in brackets and as this is too long to fit the LCD screen it scrolls from right to left - how do I get it to just display the number once?

cheers

Neil

HP Recommended

Hello Neil,

still not knowing your currently used software version I simply guess it is something in the UCS 4.0.x range based on your comment using the Web Configuration utility.

A quote from the UCS 4.0.2 Admin Guide:

Note: Automatic Caller ID Scrolling on SoundPoint IP 321, 331, and 335 Phones
As of Polycom® UC Software 3.3.0, when the SoundPoint IP 321, 331, and 335 phones receive incoming calls, the caller ID will automatically scroll from left to right. Auto-scrolling stops once the call is connected, but you can use the left and right arrow keys to scroll manually.

There is no way that I am aware off to disable this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Using feature.urlDialing.enabled=”0” will not solve this issue.  This actually make it worse preventing you from calling anyone back!  

The problem is one of a display issue in that the Callers history list looks like this

John Smith

sip:+14165551212@108.5.6.7

Which makes it confusing to users.  If they hit redial it will work but what we want to know is how to eliminate the sip and IP address but STILL make the call dialable.  Ideally it should appear as follows:

John Smith

+14165551212

If there is a way to manipulate the inbound callerID to do this kindly advise.  

Dino

Phone Information
Phone ModelVVX 500
Part Number3111-44500-001 Rev:A
MAC Address00:04:F2:C2:C8:C0
IP ModeIPv4
IP Address192.168.1.xx
UC Software Version5.9.7.3480
Updater Version5.9.7.45784
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.