Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are implementing unified communications/VOIP phones at our organization using Microsoft Lync and Polycom handsets.

A few places have asked about the ability to use an incoming call light, in particular the radio and TV studios, but no one seems to be able to find a device that will light up with incoming UC calls or even something that can be attached to units like a Polycom CX-300, CX-500, CX-600.

I have seen talk of "hacking" the Polycom handsets to use the onboard LED and basically just extend the wires to another location, but in addition to looking horrible and voiding the warranty on our new devices, it wouldn't be that bright.

Has anyone else seen this need and/or a solution? There aren't many users who need this, but the ones that do really do. I imagine that other TV & radio stations would have something in place, not to mention nursing homes and other places where folks are hard-of-hearing.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello IanWilkinson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Our SoundStation range is LYNC compatible and turns on the Display light when a Call comes in.

This may not be enough in your case but I am not aware of any LYNC compatible ATA where you could connect a light. All these devices (not manufactured by Polycom!) usually only use SIP.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thanks for the reply. I'll have a look at the Sound Station range.

Anyone else, keep me posted if you see something else. Maybe I'll need to get a reply or an Arduino kit and tackle it myself. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.