Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

For the life of me I cannot get any of our organization's IP450s to load a directory file from our provisioning server. Except when they first register with the server they will download 000000000000-directory.xml.

I have 25 phones who need their directory updated and cannot get them to pull the file. They happily pull the other cfg files and even updated their bootrom and firmware. But they simply refuse to load the directory file.

I've tried <MAC>-directory.cfg

I've tried <MAC>-directory.xml

I've tried symbolically linking <MAC>-directory.cfg (and .xml) to our 000000000000-directory

After each change I force a reboot of the phone to test it. Nothing changes, the phone's contact directory remains unchanged.

Any ideas?

I cringe at configuring each phone by hand through their web interface each time we need to change something. It also doesn't seem to be the right way to handle a central provisioned phone system either.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Check your 000000000000.cfg or <MAC>.cfg file to see if contacts are expected to be in another directory?

Failing that, check your FTP server logs to see what files it's trying to pull.

HP Recommended

Hello cfapress,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As you already noticed the 0000000000000-directory.xml is only loaded on the first boot.

Most likely your provisioning infrastructure is preventing the file <mac>-directory.xml from being used.

Miken32 already suggested a few things so you have a point to start looking.

Best in addition to use the latest Software available as you have failed posting what your current version is.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestions.

Indeed the trouble was the <mac>.cfg file was looking for the directory in a different folder. Now that I know, I've created a symbolic link from the folder the phone expects to our organizations directory.xml.

For example:

The phone is looking for /tftp/polycom/contacts/<mac>-directory.xml

The orgs directory is /tftp/org-directory.xml

So, I created the symlink

ln -s /tftp/org-directory.xml /tftp/polycom/contacts/<mac>-directory.xml

And all works well now.

Thanks!

Jason

HP Recommended

Yeah, I'm having the same issue only it isnt a path problem.

<mac>-directory.xml.

Perfect and verified working on my local test phone

The remote phone reboots, and ftp log verify the directory uploaded.

no dice

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.