Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

we have changed our provisioning server's ip address. i went around and updated the provisioning server ip address on 6/7 ip7000 phones all successfully. this particular unit is stuck in an infinite loop and will not boot up. i have logged into it locally with the admin password and attempted to 1. reset settings, 2. format file system, 3. update bootblock. all of which fail and return me to the phone constantly rebooting. After clearing all settings i have also tried to simply input the new provisioning server's ip address and allow new configuration to be pushed down to the device. when the polycom phone tries to boot i get the following,

Updating initial configuration

Could not download "mac address of my unit".cfg

Using existing configuration

Error, application is not Present!

Rebooting

The phone is stuck rebooting in this mode since, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

I should also mention that i have tried to hold down 1357 during the initial boot to reset all cache to no avail

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

also this previous post by polycom does not work to resolve the issue

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/IP7000-Error-Application-not-present/m-p/45111#M6861

HP Recommended

Hello srogalla ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The next step would now be a wireshark trace to check if there is any network connectivity as usually in factory default we send LLDP and CDP.

What is the MAC address of the phone starting usually with 0004F ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue.  PLEASE HELP!

MAC Address is: 0004f2efce09.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

The next step would now be a wireshark trace to check if there is any network connectivity as usually in factory default we send LLDP and CDP.

Hello amungo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you see my response to the original Poster?

Also are you 100% sure you are seing the same and have not simply formatted the file system?

Steps of Action:

1. Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the error Message “application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=
    Check the above FAQ and ensure your phone really cannot contact a server

2. Setup wireshark via a spanned / mirrored port and check the Phones network activity

3. Contact your reseller First Video Communications FZ-LLC who sold this phone in 05/05/2014 to the Ministry of Interior Affairs in Afghanistan

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.