Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

guys,

i read somewhere in a manual that i need a licence for the soundpoint 32x when i want to use the ldap connection.

Is that correct?

Also, is it thrue that i cannot use to see who's calling through ldap?

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello deheugen,

I have moved your post to the correct section.

We encourage all users to utilize the Community Search as done => here <= as this has been covered on plenty of other occasions and also to check the FAQ as this contains a specific section => here <= describing this in detail.

Incoming calls are not checked against LDAP.

Please ensure to provide some feedback so other community members can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

many thanks for the reply.the problem is that i cannot find the info in the manuals about the not working incoming calls and ldap integration when using voip.

Hope you can help me.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just checked the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide (Page 515 ) and the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide ( Page A - 125) and both describe the usage of the up.useDirectoryNames Parameter.up.useDirectoryNames.png

I am quite sure that this has been discussed before within this community.

This post => here <= within the FAQ deals with:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Unable to use Productivity Suite Feature like Call Recording,H323 or LDAP / Corporate Directory

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above link holds the Information regarding the free Site license

This post => here <= within the FAQ deals with:

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above Link holds the Information regarding the LDAP

If you still have questions please contact your Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom Support (you may have to pay PPI)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.