Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

Anyone one have any information on how to use

lineKey.X.category="EFK" 

For example if  you were to be utilising the line function it would be

lineKey.1.category="line" 
lineKey.1.index="1" 

Line and an index of what line.

If you were to be using the BLF

lineKey.1.category="blf" 

It uses the order of

attendant.resourceList.1.address="500" 
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Jaymee" 
attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal" 

How do I set "what EFK" the button will be triggering?

lineKey.X.category="EFK" 

(Obviously lineKey.reassignment.enabled = 1)

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @SamF ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

Have a look at the up.EFK.FLKIndexRequired. The UC Software 6.0.0 Admin Guide, for example, covers Assigning Static BLF and EFK to Line keys on page 606

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK

Thank you for the direction, I found my missing parameter (besides index)

This is an important parameter

feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1"

In regards to Index I cant seem to find direction on how the value affects the results.

lineKey.7.category="EFK"
lineKey.8.category="EFK"
lineKey.7.index="1" 
lineKey.8.index="3"

This will give me the same results as

lineKey.7.category="EFK"
lineKey.8.category="EFK"
lineKey.7.index="1" 
lineKey.8.index="1"

The manual doesnt provide much info

Spoiler
0 (default) - The index value for BLF or presence.
0- 9999

As well the results dynamically assign in sequence the EFK so in order to have EFK 2 and 3 I needed redo all of the EFK's so the ones that should be displayed are the first two.

Most importantly one pushing this new "linekey it tries making a phone call to google .com

efk.efklist.2.status="1"
efk.efklist.2.lineLabel="Google"
efk.efklist.2.label="Google" 
efk.efklist.2.mname="Google" 
efk.efklist.2.action.string="http://google.com"

The above works fine when assigning  a softkey.

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hello @SamF ,

regarding this comment:

The manual doesnt provide much info

0 (default) - The index value for BLF or presence.
0- 9999

This is obviously for BLF, not EFK.

I will be travelling over the next week or so. If nobody else replies can you get this into support?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have a VVX 501 running 6.0.0 with 10 registered lines. I just tested the EFK function and it work for me. 

I use the following code to assign Lines 6 and 7 to EFK's (middle 2 lines)

<lineKey lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1"
 lineKey.1.category="Line" lineKey.1.index="1"
 lineKey.2.category="Line" lineKey.2.index="2"
 lineKey.3.category="Line" lineKey.3.index="3"
 lineKey.4.category="Line" lineKey.4.index="4"
 lineKey.5.category="Line" lineKey.5.index="5"
 lineKey.6.category="EFK" lineKey.6.index="1"
 lineKey.7.category="EFK" lineKey.7.index="2"
 lineKey.8.category="Line" lineKey.8.index="6"
 lineKey.9.category="Line" lineKey.9.index="7"
 lineKey.10.category="Line" lineKey.10.index="8"
 lineKey.11.category="Line" lineKey.11.index="9"
 lineKey.12.category="Line" lineKey.12.index="10"
/>

I use the following code below to assign the EFK's to the line keys.

<EFKLineKey1 feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" efk.efklist.1.action.string="https://google.com" efk.efklist.1.mname="Google" efk.efklist.1.status="1" />
<EFKLineKey2 feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" efk.efklist.2.action.string="https://yahoo.com" efk.efklist.2.mname="Yahoo" efk.efklist.2.status="1" />

My phone now has the following layout 

Line 1     Line 5     Line 7

Line 2     EFK 1     Line 8

Line 3     EFK 2     Line 9

Line 4     Line 6     Line 10

Pressing EFK 1 takes me to Google.com and is working as expected.

Pressing EFK 2 takes me yo Yahoo.com and is woring as expected.

The way I understand the assignments each category has its own Index set which is used for assignment. your First EFK should be assigned index 1 and your corisponding EFK code should use 1 for the first index.

In your config you assign index 1 and 3 but your efklist is assigned to index 3 which has not been assigned yet. 

HP Recommended

@oslinux

Thank you for the reply- I was busy with Poly support and must of missed it.

I boiled down my issue to be more specific to an auto login on a URL.

In this specific example the customer uses the button to interact with "IoT" so we had auto login on url string.

For example

efk.efklist.2.action.string="https://1:2@google.com"

1 being the username and 2 being the password.

The above example was working great -

It seems it broke in V6 the last working version seems to be V5.9.3

Thanks

HP Recommended

Here is today's update from T4:
T4 reproduced the issue and have escalated to DEV for further investigation. ETA: Pending DEV

HP Recommended
Hello SamF

Do you have a Poly reference so we can link this?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

1-12882013791

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.