Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

<removed by a moderator> offline

mp3man2000

<removed by a moderator> offline

Hello,

I was going to factory default and upgrade couple of Polycom phones using the Polycom update server at "<removed by a moderator>. I am unable to get to those addresses.

Has this resource moved?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: <removed by a moderator> offline

Hello @mp3man2000 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This server was never meant to be an upgrade server and it does not have the capacity to host firmware for a larger amount of phones. It is no official upgrade server and was never documented to be as such.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
mp3man2000

I have a couple of old IP560 phones that were rescued from a dumpster/trash bin. I've got a very basic set up here and running my own update server is beyond me at this point. I'm a hobbyist trying to learn voip with a Raspberry Pi and a couple of Polycom phones.

Has the unofficial <removed by a moderator> been removed going forward? I understand that it's not an official documented server. It's something I found googling about on the web.

Thank you for your reply.

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @mp3man2000 ,

this information was never meant for the public and therefore we remove all references to this.

Simply follow the FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Similar for a Linux machine as all the software is publicly available.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4