Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a problem with my Polycom SounPoint IP 331. I use SW 4.0.8. 1608

in past, we use SW 3.3.0 and when I used a transfer, there was possibility use phone book for dialling C party.

this is also written in Polycom® SoundPoint® IP 32x/33x User Guide:

"

To perform a consultative transfer:

1 During a call, press Trans soft key.

The active call is placed on hold.

2 Do one of the following steps:

0 Enter the number to which you want to transfer the call. A normal (or consultative) transfer is

assumed.

0 Press the Normal soft key to access the local contact directory, corporate directory, or received

callers list. Then choose either the Dir or Callers soft key. Choose the number to which you

want to transfer the call.

3 As soon as the ring-back sound is heard or after the party answers, press Trans soft key to

complete the transfer.

You can talk privately to the party to which you are transferring the call before the transfer is

completed.

If you are using a handset, you can complete the transfer by hanging up.

You can cancel the transfer before the call connects by pressing the Cancel soft key.

Performing a Blind Transfer

"

but now the softkey "dir" is missing.

Some customers are complaining about that. I would like to have this SW button back. Could you please help me.

Thanks a lot.

BR,

Jakub Zima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

it is softkey.feature.directories="1"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Jakub Zima,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 4.0.8 is no longer a supported software as we always only support Current - 1.

This means you either upgrade to UC Software 4.0.10 or 4.0.9

Testing this briefly on 4.0.9

Place call on Hold:

Press Normal Softkey:

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,
thank you for you answer.

I performed factory reset and in default configuration, this problem doesn't occurs.

So, this is problem somewhere in our configuration. Do you now which part of config should be responsible for softkeys during call transfer?

In our current configuration we are using softkeys translated to Czech language [softkey.2.label="Adresář"] but this is all our manipulations.

Thak you very much.

Best regards,

Jakub Zima

HP Recommended

it is softkey.feature.directories="1"

HP Recommended

just a question:

is possible to change the position of directory softkey on 331?

when I added to my configuration file 'softkey.feature.directories="1"'  softkey "DIR" is every time on the third position and no matter I do I'm not able to change it.

thanks a lot,

Jakub Zima

HP Recommended

Hello Jakub Zima

Only Enhanced Feature Keys can be prioritized to be in front of anything else as described in the EFK FAQ post.

I would look at an EFK instead using the $F functionality to assign a DIR key instead. Check the FAQ for details.

The SPIP3xx Series is a basic entry level phone which can only display a limited amount on its display so you will unfortunately have to live with these restrictions.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

our phones we have this softkey setting:

<softkey softkey.2.action="$FDirectories$" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.use.idle="1" 
softkey.2.label="Adresář" softkey.3.action="*21*$P1N9$**$Tinvite$" softkey.3.enable="1"
softkey.3.use.idle="1" softkey.3.label="ZapPřesm" softkey.SPIP331.3.label="ZapPře"
softkey.4.action="**21**$Tinvite$" softkey.4.enable="1" softkey.4.use.idle="1"
softkey.4.label="VypPřesm" softkey.SPIP331.4.label="VypPře" softkey.feature.newcall="0"
softkey.feature.callers="0" softkey.feature.directories="0" softkey.feature.forward="0"></softkey> </polycomConfig>

that means on 331 display I have:

Adresář | ZapPře | VypPřesm

in this case i set - softkey.feature.directories="0"

But when I set - softkey.feature.directories="1"  - I must change positions of my SW keys because dir.softkay will always be in the third position.

Am I right? If so, we can mark this incident as a resolved.

Thanks a lot,

Jakub Zima

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.