Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

ORIGINAL REPLY TO HERE

I'm a newbie on voip. Brand new soundpoint ip 450.

The posted solution of reverting to an "old" version doesn't apply to me.

I'm having trouble working due to the distraction of a constantly scrolling display out of the corner of my eye. Really wish there was a way to disable it. Cannot put my phone anywhere else within reach of my computer. And cannot cover it up or will not see other messages while the phone is being used.

Help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Kaba,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not encurage replying to older post's with the same question so I hace moved your post.

The previous answer was:

If you wish to restore the original "old" functionality please highlight this to the relevant team via raising this as a Feature Request => here <=

Above is still applicable to you so please raise this as advised.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for moving my post to the correct location.

As my post states, the previous answer does not apply to me, so I don't know why is was posted here as an answer.

Does anyone know how to disable the auto scrolling in the display?

It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Kaba,

could you please define what happens on your Phone GUI that you would like to de-activate / revert and maybe post your current SIP / UCS Software Version?

What message is scrolling in your display?

As you posted / answered in a post mentioning auto scrolling on Incoming calls for caller ID the reply was given.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm a new polycom ip 450 user and don't know where to find the specs you're requesting. This phone was purchased on the advice of our new Jive voip service provider.

I'm still figuring out how to use the phone, but am being driven crazy by an autoscroll feature that constantly tells me I have missed calls. Since the moment the phone was set up, I started receiving calls from vendors soliciting business. But I didn't yet know how to access my messages to delete them.

I finally found the quick user guide and was able to delete the new messages. But I still have an autoscroll message: "__ new missed calls" that doesn't seem to EVER go away.

I just want a phone that will stop moving and blinking at me. It is so distracting!

I was hoping there is a way to disable the autoscroll messages -- at least this one, since it seems like a glitch that it should continue even after I listened/deleted all previous messages.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

HP Recommended

Hello Kaba,

the missed calls can be show whilst pressing one of the arrow keys. I think it is the one to the left but I am not near a Phone as I am out of the office.

The SPIP450 Product Page => here <= should contain the Guides.

The FAQ contains a vast amount of replies including the Software Version check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I had already check all calls, deleted them, etc. and it was still flashing. However, as I rummaged through the menus, the scroll mysteriously stopped.

It may stop after another call is made?

If I figure it out, I'll post the answer.

HP Recommended

OK so I originally logged this call because since 3.2.2 or something when an inbound call comes in it scrolls the display if it is longer than the line.

It is a known issue apparently.

I've had roll back 300 phones because of this issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.