Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings!

We have recently deployed 200 new Polycom phones in our corporate office and are connected back to stacked Extreme X450e's and served by a Digium Switchvox SMB.  Each port on the switches are configured with both data and a voice vlan's, voice is tagged and the phone get's it's vlan info from DHCP on boot via option 128.

Out of the 200 phones we have 20-30 phones that continually stop passing the data  vlan (untagged vlan) through to the computer and/or will loose it's configuration randomly.

So my question to you all is... has anyone experienced any of the above issues before and if so have you been able to solve these issues? Any thoughts at all would be awesome. Have you had to make any configuration changes in your switches to better support your VoIP phones?  What tips would you give to maximize performance on the network that we should be considering (I already currently have QoS active).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello nolseng,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order for anybody to give you any advise it would be extremely helpful if you would post the Phone Models and their Software Version.

Above would enable members of the community to check the release notes of the BootROM/Upgrader and/or SIP/UCS releases.

My suggestion would be to raise this via your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support (PPI may occur) especially as you are using this in a professional environment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.