Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a polycom c100 (not cx) that i am trying to set up with my windows 10 pc. It was set up before but the hdd crashed. I went to set up the system again and (i am the 3rd tech to be here since it was purchased in i believe 2006). 

When i try to install pvx i get a dll error. I believe that it is due to my software wanting to be in xp or 7. 

When i installed Polycom Real Presence, it asked for activation key- i entered the key but it was too short i believe due to the product being so old. i cannot find anywher to contact polycom for this type of support. 

Any ideas on how i could push forward? 

Also, i do have a website login with an email of a tech that has not been emplyed here in 6+ years and cannot access that email to reset password due to the login not working at all. 

Am i out of luck and require a new product?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @ChipNB ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

The C100 / C100S was never supported on Windows 10 or Windows 8. Any support provided was only Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.

We stopped providing support for the device back around 2013

The same for PVX. We stopped support for this back in 2014 and a similar story around Windows 10. The PVX software was replaced by the m100 software which itself was replaced by RealPresence Desktop.

If you purchased a legit RealPresence Desktop Key it will work or the organisation who sold you the key will support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.