Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

EDIT BY MOD: Please follow the Forum Rules!

2. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.

I have about 20 new 650 w/ 3.3.1 firmware. we are getting a very bad echo on just the handset. Most of us use a plantronics headset and do not get the echo. I have try most thing I can think of set offset the side tone, change tx/rx gain all to no love. I think the problem is come from the sidetone being out of sync. Is there a way I can turn it off? I have look in the admin guild but was unable to find the setting.

I have tested a snom 370 phone the same system and it has no echo, so it is with the polycoms. If I can not fix the echo problem I will return them for snom.

Since I am here what with Polycom [removed] support! I have spent 8000.00 on new polycom equipment. and they will not even talk to me unless you are a authorized reseller. what that [removed] If I buy a HP from bestbuy I can call HP, Microsoft ect.. I may have to buy support incident with Microsoft but I can call them. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello support_charter,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have edited your post and would like to remind you to follow the Forum Rules.

Please check our Polycom Product Warranty Guide as follows:

SUPPORT & SERVICE AGREEMENTS. If you purchased your product from a Polycom Authorized Reseller, contact the Authorized Reseller for information about support and service agreements applicable to your product.  For information on Polycom service, go to the Polycom web site www.polycom.com, products and services menu, or call 1-800-765-9266, outside the US call 1-408-526-9000, or your local Polycom Office, as listed on the Polycom Web site. 

I would recommend to contact your Polycom Reseller as stated above as they will be able to raise a ticket for you with Polycom Support.

In addition to you check the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications for the following Document => here <= already?

Have you tried one of the 19 other Phones on the Position of the Phone you having trouble with and does the issue disappear?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry about that... Just a little frustrate. It happen on all the phones except the snom. So i know it not with asterisk or the network. unfortunately the company I bought the from are not a license reseller and there support as far less knowledge then I do. I do not want to call them out becouse have try to help me but they can not.

A little background on my network.

All phones are independent of the data network. phones  cat5e to NETGEAR ProSafe FS750T2 then 1000 to asterisk 1.6 server / Wildcard TE122 to ATT PRI

I do have pcap if you want it

HP Recommended

I run at of time to add to it. Here is the conf I am running on the phone now.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- PlcmConversionCreatedFile version=1.2 converted=Fri Jul 29 13:25:45 2011 -->
<!-- SIP Application Configuration File -->
<!-- $RCSfile: sip.cfg,v $  $Revision: 1.483.2.30 $ -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <dialplan dialplan.applyToCallListDial="0" dialplan.digitmap="[2-9]11|0T|9011xxx.T|9[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|9[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT|*[2-4]xx" />
  <dir>
    <dir.corp>
      <dir.corp.attribute dir.corp.attribute.1.type="last_name" dir.corp.attribute.2.type="first_name" />
    </dir.corp>
  </dir>
  <feature>
    <feature.presence feature.presence.enabled="1" />
  </feature>
  <tcpIpApp>
    <tcpIpApp.sntp tcpIpApp.sntp.address="192.168.0.22" tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-18000" />
  </tcpIpApp>
   <voice>
    <gain>
    <voice.handset voice.handset.sidetone.adjust.IP_650="-6" voice.handset.rxag.adjust.IP_650="1" voice.handset.txag.adjust.IP_650="13" voice.gain.tx.digital.handset.IP_650="3" />
</voice.handset>    
</gain>
	 <voice.volume>
    	<voice.volume.persist voice.volume.persist.handset="1" />
   	</voice.volume.persist>
 		</voice.volume>
   </voice>
  <voIpProt>
    <voIpProt.SIP>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Intercom" />
      <voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent>
        <voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1" />
      </voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent>
    </voIpProt.SIP>
  </voIpProt>
</polycomConfig> 

This is slimed down taking out thing that did not work. Also I want to point out we do have same older polycom 501, 320. User have reported there is less echo and on the 650 if I replace there new handset with the old one from 501 and 301.

Not sure if it help but its info.

I like polycom very good construction and the mass deployment features or very nice compare to other I looked at.

HP Recommended

Hello support_charter,

to troubleshoot this issue you would really either go via your reseller or call Polycom Support and supply a Serial Number (MAC) of a Unit within warranty and explain to the Agent that your Reseller is unable/unwilling to provide support.

Usually in a worst case scenario you may have to pay for Non entitled support/pay per incident but based on the amount you have already spend purchasing the kit that sum (depending on your location) should not be stopping you from requesting support.

Following this way you can in addition mention the Supplier to the Polycom Contact in order for the Support/Sales Team to follow up with them or recommend another Polycom Partner that would be able to support you.

Usually we do not recommend to change any of the <gain/> parameters as these have been optimized by Engineering for the Software Version released.

• When do you experience the Echo? 
  • Calls from Polycom to Polycom?
  • Calls to/from PSTN?
  • Calls on the Handset/Headset/Handsfree?
  • Have you tried to make an IP Call only (SIP URL) ?
  • Have you looked up the Hyperlink provided in my original Post?
  • What side of the call hears the Echo?
  • Are you using the same Audio Codec's as the other Phones mentioned in your Post?

I can see in your example provided that you added certain features (Corporate Directory) but have not actually included all the necessary details for it to work neither activated the Feature.

Please work with your Reseller/Polycom Support to find a satisfactory solution for the issue you are experiencing.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.