Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

polycom 650 out of memory

asdfgh
Occasional Visitor

polycom 650 out of memory

I just set up our polycom 650's microbrowser as follows...

<microbrowser mb.proxy="" mb.ssawc.call.mode="" mb.ssawc.enabled="">

<main 
  mb.main.home="http://10.0.2.3/polycom650-index.php"
        mb.main.idleTimeout=""
        mb.main.statusbar=""
/>

<idleDisplay
  mb.idleDisplay.home="http://10.0.0.8/polycom650.php"
        mb.idleDisplay.refresh="{$idle_display_refresh|60}"
/>
<limits
        mb.limits.cache="200"/>

</microbrowser>

http://10.0.0.8/polycom650.php is very simple and is as follows...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<table>
<tr>
<td>Prod</td><td> 60.26%</td><td>Eff</td><td> 92.90%</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Scrap</td><td> $20,553.61</td><td>Rework</td><td>    $544.40</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Dir Emp</td><td>149</td><td>Ind Emp</td><td>53</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>WC Idle</td><td>24</td><td>WC Down</td><td>1</td></tr>
<tr>
<td>Load</td><td>4,138.53</td><td>Late</td><td>2,993.49</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Each morning the microbrowser on the polycom 650's are crashed (no one is using them, they are in a test environment) with one of the three errors...

Microbrowser - Polycom: Error: Out of Memory
Microbrowser - Polycom: Error: HTTP Error:
Microbrowser - Polycom: Error: HTTP Error: 587268096

Looks like a firmware bug to me.  Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: polycom 650 out of memory

Hello asdfgh,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Many enhancements have been made to different firmware Versions so it is always useful to know your current software Version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
asdfgh
Occasional Visitor

Sorry I meant to do that...

bootblock: 3.0.2.0024 (12600-001)

updater: 5.0.2.12692

sip: 4.0.2.11307

Message 3 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello,

I checked internally and found that case VOIP-77287. It seems that using a <table> element is causing a memory leak.

This should be addressed in the latest UCS 4.0.3 Ref F.

Please try above and if this does not fix it raise a ticket via your Polycom reseller referencing above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
asdfgh
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the prompt response!

Message 5 of 6
naftali
Occasional Visitor

I am having exactly the same issue. However, I am using 4.0.3.7562 which I think corresponds with rev F. 

Soundpoint IP 650

Assembly: 2345-12600-001 Rev:G

BootBlock:3.0.2.0024(12600-001)

Updater:5.0.3.1667

Version: 4.0.3.7562

P/N:3150-11530-403

I do have a table tag, and would be willing to work with you for testing to crush this bug, since it makes the idle browser practically useless. There is no way I can place a phone on a client's desk with instructions to reboot it when it crashes every other day.

FYI - I am not sure if it happens every time, but today I tried accessing the web config interface before rebooting, and it would not load either. Memory usage graph at 92%.

Message 6 of 6