Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

have a client with Avaya IP office backend that is able to register the polycom soundpoint IP 330 SIP phones running 3.3.5 firmware.

I wish to provision the phones using the UCS 3.3.5 which I have successfuly setup via FTP. Only issue is I want the phones to be provisioned by the UCS but register to the Avaya.

I have looked in the config templates folder and seen the templates, reg-basic and reg-advanced. initially, to register the phones, i would just http to the ip and change the sip settings there and digitmap to make it work for IP Office. Is it possible to use provisioning to enable enhanced features on the phone whilst having it register to the Avaya?

users have requested phonelock and digit/password masking which is available via the features templates. hence the need to use UCS provisioning server.

On the other hand, how do we register multiple phones using this? Is it possible to just provision the phones, turn off the http and continue to config the phone for sip via web? will the enable/configured feature still be available?

Thanks

Val

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Val,

the files are only templates and 99% of the content is not required by yourself.

Simply have a look at this post => here <=

The above shows the minimum configuration needed to register to nearly any switch.

Just add to this what else you want to have in the configuration and store it.

You may also want to look at this unsupported script => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I managed to register the phones and enable the lock feature with the guides you provided. 

I just now need to know which of the config files to use for digit manipulation/digitmap. Basically I want to mask some digits with stars ***** or any other special characters.

Val

HP Recommended

Hello Val,

to my knowledge there are no templates for this and you would need to create these manually.

There are plenty of examples in the community and the EFK FAQ and the FAQ also contains troubleshooting tips.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.