Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

polycom sends BUSY here 408 when on the first call

alisade
Occasional Advisor

polycom sends BUSY here 408 when on the first call

We have tried to configure our Polycom 550 phones to accept calls on multiple line keys. We have the following behavior: 

- first call to a phone rings the first line key.

- second call (when person is talking on first line key) rings to Voicemail when call is from external number.

-second call rings to second line key when call is from an internal extension

-firmware 3.2.6.0314

-we have 1 line registration, 4 line appearances and 1 call per line key allowed.

How do we configure this to make both internal and external calls go to the next available line key ?

We traced the messages and the phone is reporting "Busy Here 408" for the external call when a person is on the phone.

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: polycom sends BUSY here 408 when on the first call

Hello alisade,

your post already contains the answer partly.

You set your phone to 1x call per line.

1. Someone is on the 1st line speaking to a caller.
  2. A second call comes into this line and as you told the phone only to accept 1 call per line it dutifully reports back to your call server that due only 1 call being possible it is a 408 busy here.

It is then up to your call server to set an alternative routing to another line or extension.

I can only suggest you liaise with your SIP server support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2