Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,
I have the below questions please:
1- In HDX 7000, can the polycom soundstation duo connected to it and use its mic and speakers instead of the HDX mic and speakers, if yes how they are connected? If no, is there other porduct can the polycom soundstation duo connected to it?

2- Can the polycom soundstation duo connected to a cisco SX10 codec and the mic and speakers of the polycom soundstation duo be used instead of the SX10 mic & speakers,if yes, how they will be connected?

3- Can the polycom soundstation duo registered in cisco call manager express (CME) via SIP and used as audio conference, if yes, what is the CME version supported??
As I read the following after searching in polycom support document.
"Note that you can deploy SoundStation IP conference phones with Cisco Business Edition 6000 and
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, however, Polycom has not performed interoperability
tests"

4- Can i connected a pstn RJ11 cable directly to polycom soundstation duo and use it as a normal analog phone without the need of configuring or adding something?

thanks and looking forward for a clear answers i hope.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello AlOtheri,

This simply means we have not tested using one of our SIP Phones with this product and therefore cannot guarantee or document any limitations.

Its simply on your won risk to use any of our SIP phones with this untested device.

As long as it is a SIP server you "should" be able to make and receive calls but any features like a local conference etc. completely depends on you testing this yourself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello AlOtheri,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStation Duo is a analog / or SIP Phone that can use Polycom extension Microphones as explained in this FAQ post:

Jun 23, 2012 Question: What expansion Microphones can I use?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

In regards of Cisco compatibility and interoperability:

Jul 17, 2014 Question:Can I deploy Polycom® SoundStation® IP Conference Phones with Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The SoundStation Duo is a normal SIP device and can register to any SIP server. Certain limitations are applicable as outlined in the above document.

To answer your questions:

1.  No, the SoundStation Duo does not have the Polycom Microphone connectors that for example the SoundStation IP7000 has.

2. No not that I am aware off

3. See above detailed explanation

4. Yes the SoundStation Duo is either an analog Phone or a SIP phone

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Steffenand thanks for your detailed answers.

Your answers are clear except for number 3 , I already know about the connection with CUCM with its version as stated with the link http://www.polycom.com/products-services/voice/conferencing-solutions/conferencing-phones/soundstati...

I`m asking about connecting the soundstation duo with CME;call manager express which is a cisco router installed inside it the call manager express. The only resource i found in Polycom is "Note that you can deploy SoundStation IP conference phones with Cisco Business Edition 6000 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, however, Polycom has not performed interoperability tests", but i dont understand the statment "Polycom has not performed interoperability tests"

Can you advice.

thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello AlOtheri,

This simply means we have not tested using one of our SIP Phones with this product and therefore cannot guarantee or document any limitations.

Its simply on your won risk to use any of our SIP phones with this untested device.

As long as it is a SIP server you "should" be able to make and receive calls but any features like a local conference etc. completely depends on you testing this yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.