Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the above two units, the jack for the phone has a side rim that fits into the phone, but the jack for the ethernet also has this side rim or ridge preventing it from being installed into the standard internet port, am I missing  a part or adapter to set this phone up?

Kind regards 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

SoundStation IP 4000  - the IP phone - has nothing common with SoundStation Premier - the analog one!

Never try to connect IP 4000 to SS Premier Wall Module!

Take a look at >>> SS Premier User Guide <<< for more details.

HP Recommended

Hello Ruscans,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Mike is absolutely correct as the SoundStation for our analog phones utilize a completely different power and voltage as the SoundStation IP's

The cable has a very specific reason as explained => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, just so i am clear, I will list the phone I have.

I have a polycom IP 4000 model number:  2201-06642-001

And I have a Soundstation Premier DCP Wall Module:  2301-03433-001.

If this power module is not correct, which options are available for me to obtain to power the IP 4000.

Thank you much.

HP Recommended

Hello tuscans,

The SoundStation IP 4000 was discontinued and has no longer been available for purchase since 08/20/2009

The original Power Supply Part Number was 2200-06686-001 but you will not be able to purchase this from Polycom.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

I found a power supply.  Will the VTX 1000 speakers work with the IP 4000 Soundstation, or are these only for the 6000?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello tuscans,

I am unsure what you are setting up but our phones are very specific and parts are not really interchangeable.

A VTX Subwoofer is for a VTX only. To my knowledge a SSIP6000 has no possibility to connect an external speaker.

Only the SSIP7000 is an SIP IP phone that has a additional Multi mod Interface which allows to connect external speakers.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks,

I may have mis spoke this, the vtx 1000 i am thinking of our the small sattilite mics you hook to bottom of phone and place on the table to enhance the speakers around the table, so this may help,

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

Hello tuscans,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 23, 2012 Question: What expansion Microphones can I use?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

I obtained a power supply for my conf phone.  The phone was purchased as part of a business I took over, but I suspect

that the phone is 'locked' by the previous provider?  

How do I determine if it is locked and what do i need to do to unlock the phone?

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.