Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Recently, our soundstation ip7000 lost the ability to complete long distance calls. We go through a SIP PBX and are required to dial an "8" for an outside line. When we enter in the 8, then add the 1 and the area code and proceed to enter the rest of the number, the phone accepts the first 6 of the final 7 digits but doesn't show the final digit on the screen and doesn't complete the call. We have also found that when callers dial into the phone or if we call local numbers or internal extensions, we are unable to use the dialpad to repsond to any prompts. Is there a way to correct these problems?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello joeboudrie,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post in the correct section.

We encourage all users to use the search facility and read the FAQ as most common queries have already been described in there.

@joeboudrie wrote:

Recently, our soundstation ip7000 lost the ability to complete long distance calls. 

Did you make any changes to the settings of the SSIP7000?

Usually this post => here <= covers the digitmap

@joeboudrie wrote:

we are unable to use the dialpad to respond to any prompts.

Do you mean dialing into an automated system that waits for you to enter digits on the handset to access menus?

Usually this post => here <= covers this.

Please be aware that in order to activate/change some of the features a provisioning server is needed and your Polycom Reseller should be able to assist you with this.

Please provide some feedback if above has answered your questions so other users can utilize this reply if the use the forum search.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I was able to resolve the inability to dial out to long distance numbers, but I followed the link to the article "Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system' and I don't understand what it's trying to say. Is there somewhere that has a clearer explanation with steps to address the issue? DO I address the problem by changing a setting on the Polycom phone unit, or is the posting trying to tell me to modify our PBX?

HP Recommended

Hello joeboudrie,

The DTMF Issue is caused either by the wrong Payload type being send by the SSIP7000 to your SIP Server or using SIP Inbound rather than SIP Info as maybe expected by your SIP PABX.

Only the SIP PABX Support Team can tell you the answer to above and you will then need to change either the payload or the SIP method via a configuration file using a provisioning server as shown in the Post in the FAQ.

How to make these changes and how to setup a provisioning server is answered in the FAQ and usually the Polycom Reseller should be supporting you with this.

If they are unable to help feel free to contact Polycom Support but you may be charged a PPI (Pay per Incident) fee to provide you with specific detailed information.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.