I have the following:
VVX 500 S/N: 0004f2c47caf Assembly: 3111-44500-001 RevA Software version: 5.8.3 P/N 3150-11530-583
I recently moved offices (I work remotely), and had to switch from ethernet(with POE) to wireless. I purchased and installed the Obi500g adapter, without any issues. Since then, the lines of my colleagues (who are all on the same phone system at our other sites) on my main display will often show inaccurate information - primarily, red (busy) or flashing green (incoming call). It will stay that way for hours, and I cannot contact them (nor them me) until I restart my phone. This happens maybe a dozen times a day (8 hour day).
Signal strength for wirelss (connecting to a Netgear Blackhawk) shows excellent.
Resetting it resolves the issue every time. This morning I noticed that as soon as I ended a call with one of my colleagues, their extension showed flashing after I hung up. Other times I will just look at the display and see a flashing or busy for a while and know it's time to reset.
I'm sure I'm missing some information that would be helpful to the group; any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm happy to gather whatever info would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
My first guess is that the SIP signaling is failing to reach either the phone or the server to maintain proper status of your phone. I have seen this when people switch to a new firewall. Did you change the firewall router at the same time or only switch to the wireless of the same firewall/router?
You may have to configure the phone or server to send keep-alive messages to keep the pinhole open and prevent the firewall closing the path from phone-to-server-to-phone. If that path closes the phone can't get updates or calls inbound because the firewall sees this traffic as unsolicited.
I'd check with your server vendor or server admin to configure this. In my experience this is usually the issue.
EDIT: Need to add this...
<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN orRPM FAQ's
Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Thanks for the prompt response! Yes, in moving office space, everything is new, including the ISP and the router. I had done nothing relating to keepalives or anything specific in order to use my phone in my old office - when it was shipped to me, I plugged it in (ethernet/PoE) and voila - it all 'just worked'. That's not to say, of course, that I don't need to do here - just adding some context/background. I'm happy to check/try this. Unfortunately the employee who got us the phone system is long gone, and admin knowledge went with him. Not even sure of the vendor, so I will probaby try and give this a shot myself (at least on the phone side). I suppose I could configure an exception on the firewall (or rather, get our provider to, since they manage it). Do you think that would resolve the issue?
Followup - I was able to find a person in my organization who confirmed that the server is sending the KeepAlive messages. Similarly, my phone is configured to as well (see attached).
Do you think I need to set up port forwarding or something else?
Any other ideas? As mentioned, I confirmed that the keepalive is configured on the server and the phone; FWIW, it's set to 20 seconds.
Welcome to the Poly Community.
As already outlined by my colleague @Chad_A you would need to investigate the SIP signalling.
the Community holds a couple of FAQ's on that but the next step would be to open a support ticket either with your service provider or if this fails with your Poly Reseller.
In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.
End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.
Veracomp SA sold this unit back in 26/11/2015 so this is no longer within the warranty so please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.