Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am  trying to configure polycom 335 phone using http server..

even i have configuration files but while configuring the phone it is showing that there are no configuration files

please find the below attachments so that you can know what exactly i want to say

Best Regards,

Alekhya

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello

The photos do not show enough information so it is hard to tell

Usually the logs should be uploaded to the server but your HTTP server needs to allow it

Have a look at some of the FAQ post in regards troubleshooting

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

First, on the Polycom phone, enable syslog to throw all it's data to your voip server.

Next, enable your syslog server to receive remote syslog UDP packets and log them.

Now, you can check these two logs:

1. /var/log/syslog

2. /var/log/apache/[yoursite]-access.log

The phone should report (via syslog) what it can and cannot do. But the apache log should show what files are trying to be accessed as well as their request disposition. You're looking for a 404 code.

The Polycom is going to ask for 000412345678.cfg, but the contents of that file may point to other configs that are not present. So, the config download would fail.

Look at the apache logs to see what is generating a 404 error, and then go from there.

Years ago, I wrote phoneprovisioning.com to help deal with these problems. It has since died because Polycom changed the config files to a (much more reasonable) layout. Now, I have these python based tools to help you out:

https://github.com/DrDamnit/PolyPyTools

In particular, configline.py will read your Asterisk sip.conf file, and generate the polycom config files for you. NOTE: you need to put the mac address of the phone that is using that line just below the [1234] extension declaration so configline.py can know how to name the files. Be sure to RTFM, and if you have questions about it, post in the Github issue tracker, not here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.