Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm wondering if it's possible to setup an EFK for ACD Wrap-up state.

Usually only ASignIn, Available, Unavailable and ASignOut softkeys are available, and Wrap-up can be set via phone's menu (which requires many additional steps).

I was thinking of setting up EFK, but I am not able to find internal key functions for Wrap-up ACD state even in admin guide for ver 9.0 (neither in release notes for ver 9.0). The only option seems to be to configure workaround by sequence of pressed keys, but since it might change in different states I'm wondering if there would be more elegant solution.

I have serarched the forum, but looks like noone has asked this question before.

If needed, current UC version on my test VVX phones (VVX 400/501/600) is 5.8.2 (which I could upgrade to 5.9.1 if needed).

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @notonlyeveryone ,

from the 5.9.0 Release notes:

With the end of sale of some models of VVX business media phones, the following phone models will no longer receive new features:

● VVX 300/310
● VVX 400/410
● VVX 500
● VVX 600
● VVX 1500 

As a result, UC Software 5.9.0 will be the last release to contain significant feature development for these models. Future major feature releases will not include images to support these models. In line with the Polycom End of Life policy, Polycom will continue to provide bug fixes in maintenance and patch releases on the UC Software 5.9.x stream. For details, see the Polycom End of Life Policy.
The following VVX phone models will continue to receive feature releases:

● VVX 101/201
● VVX 150
● VVX 250
● VVX 301/311
● VVX 350
● VVX 401/411
● VVX 450
● VVX 501
● VVX 601

A EFK is an Enhaced Feature Key which described in the Admin Guide in the "Enhanced Feature Keys" section. A snippet from Page 653 UC Admin Guide 5.9.0:

• The EFK macro language was designed to follow current configuration file standards
    and to be extensible (see Macro Definitions).

This Macro Language simply simulates the key presses.

If your organisation requires this specific key you can move forward by contacting a Polycom Sales Engineer that can open a feature request based on this functionality and the additional revenue the lack of this affects.

They can also add you to BETA releases.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @notonlyeveryone ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Most likely, if there is no EFK in the Admin Guide matching your Software or the EFK FAQ, then most likely there isn't a way of reproducing other than simulating the key presses.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, thank you for response (was there another one by any chance - I got 2 mailer notifications today?).

I can't find anything in the EFK/Macro/Internal key functions sections in the latest 5.9.0 admin guide.

Could you confirm that latest version of EFK FAQ is located at https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Using-Enhanced-Feature-Keys-EFK-macros-to-chang... ?

I'd use somnethin like that (shoud I use FMenu instead, or FSettings just saves 1 step)?

softkey.1.action="$FSetup$$FDialpad1..."

Also is there any chance those menu selection steps could change in some scenarios?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

So this is what I configured:

<web feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" softkey.1.insert="2" softkey.1.action="$FSetup$$FDialpad3$$FDialpad4$$FDialpad2$$FDialpad4$$FSelect$$FSoftkey3$$FMenu$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Wrap-up" softkey.1.use.idle="1" />

It works, but it shows all the key presses on the screen - is there a way to hide it?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @notonlyeveryone ,

no this is how the EFK works.

A Feature Request is the next step pending on your opportunity and only for the VVX501 as the VVX400/600 will not receive any further development after 5.9.x

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you, Steffen!

I just never used EFK with keypress sequences before, so I've never seen it in action and thus was wondering if it would be possible to suppress all those steps showing on the screen.

I assume "this is how the EFK works" means that currently (as of 5.9.1 being the latest UC) it's not possible to suppress it.

Since you've mentioned VVX400/600 situation, does that mean they are reaching end of sales/life? Would it be the same with VVX 401/601?

Are they perhaps suggested to be replaced by VVX 350/450?

HP Recommended

Hello @notonlyeveryone ,

from the 5.9.0 Release notes:

With the end of sale of some models of VVX business media phones, the following phone models will no longer receive new features:

● VVX 300/310
● VVX 400/410
● VVX 500
● VVX 600
● VVX 1500 

As a result, UC Software 5.9.0 will be the last release to contain significant feature development for these models. Future major feature releases will not include images to support these models. In line with the Polycom End of Life policy, Polycom will continue to provide bug fixes in maintenance and patch releases on the UC Software 5.9.x stream. For details, see the Polycom End of Life Policy.
The following VVX phone models will continue to receive feature releases:

● VVX 101/201
● VVX 150
● VVX 250
● VVX 301/311
● VVX 350
● VVX 401/411
● VVX 450
● VVX 501
● VVX 601

A EFK is an Enhaced Feature Key which described in the Admin Guide in the "Enhanced Feature Keys" section. A snippet from Page 653 UC Admin Guide 5.9.0:

• The EFK macro language was designed to follow current configuration file standards
    and to be extensible (see Macro Definitions).

This Macro Language simply simulates the key presses.

If your organisation requires this specific key you can move forward by contacting a Polycom Sales Engineer that can open a feature request based on this functionality and the additional revenue the lack of this affects.

They can also add you to BETA releases.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.