Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

remote monitor of SoundPoint IP331

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

remote monitor of SoundPoint IP331

Hello,

I have several SoundPoint IP331 running SIP application ver. 3.2.2 installed at different customer offices. Phone configuration is provided by FTP provisioning at boot.

I can reach the phones web interface remotely for quick administration. It looks to me that the web interface allows only a limited set of management features, and does not allow the real-time state monitoring of the phone. As an example, I'd like to check if time synchronization is successful and displayed time is correct; or I'd like to check if SIP registration is OK.

Is there any application note available to explain this?

Thanks in advance

Francesco

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: remote monitor of SoundPoint IP331

Hello Francesco, 

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Depending on the SIP/UCS Software Release more/less Features are possible to administer via the Web Interface.
Please check the Admin Guide matching your SIP/UCS Release.

In order to remotely reboot you could utilize the voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot=”1” Functionality.

The Phones offer plenty of <statePolling/> Options as described => here <= 

The Upcoming UCS 4.0.0 Release will include newer Features and you can already familiarise yourself downloading the SDK from => here <=

In order to add new Features my only advice would be to contact your Polycom Reseller and work with them to submit a Feature Request once you provide a Business case for this to be possibly implemented into future Software Releases. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

another feature I'd like to have is to be able to reboot the phone from web interface (for forcing the logfile upload or the update of the config files via provisioning server)

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Francesco, 

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Depending on the SIP/UCS Software Release more/less Features are possible to administer via the Web Interface.
Please check the Admin Guide matching your SIP/UCS Release.

In order to remotely reboot you could utilize the voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot=”1” Functionality.

The Phones offer plenty of <statePolling/> Options as described => here <= 

The Upcoming UCS 4.0.0 Release will include newer Features and you can already familiarise yourself downloading the SDK from => here <=

In order to add new Features my only advice would be to contact your Polycom Reseller and work with them to submit a Feature Request once you provide a Business case for this to be possibly implemented into future Software Releases. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3