Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

setting a dns hostname to poly Trio 8800

David Srebnogur
Occasional Visitor

setting a dns hostname to poly Trio 8800

hello Poly Community,

I have encountered a issue that i can't configure the dns name of the poly trio.

the poly trio identifies itself in the DNS as polycomXXXXXXX(The xxx represents the poly serial number).

how can i change this DNS name to something more human friendly.

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: setting a dns hostname to poly Trio 8800

Hello @David Srebnogur ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

From our FAQ:

Aug 10, 2016 Question:Can I change the Hostname of my Poly phone?

Explanation:Please check => here <=

This should fix this for you. If not I suggest you work with Bynet as they can open a ticket for you with our support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2