Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

setting up auto update of firmware vvx 411

commalliance
Occasional Visitor

setting up auto update of firmware vvx 411

I was wondering if there is anyway to be able to mass update all of my polycom vvx 410 and 411 phones?  I noticed that are phones are using very old firmware, 5.5.x.x and I was testing out a new phone system, with a zero-touch configuration model, but the only way to do that was to have the firmware updated, so is there a utility or way to set that up?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: setting up auto update of firmware vvx 411

Hello @commalliance ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Not knowing how they are provisioned at present I suggest you look at the following post from our FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

A provisioning server and the DHCP option and rebooting all phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
commalliance
Occasional Visitor

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply.  They are provisioned from our VOIP service Nextiva, but we are testing out s couple other vendors, but noticed our phones are all on firmware 5.5.x.x, and we can log into the web interface of the phones to check for updates and select them from the update server, but i was trying to find a way to make the phones update automatically without and intervention.  Is that possible at all?

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @commalliance ,

Nextiva would be the ones who could update all the phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4