Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

sip.ld

Occasional Visitor

sip.ld

Hello, i'm trying to put all the 5.1.3 firmware in one directory on my provisioning server, so i gain some disk space, since i have many tenants and in each tenant there is a 500MB only firmware. 

i modified the 0000000.cfg to the correct path attached(1), and the MAC.cfg has the correct path also.

i provisioned the phone VV410 and everything goes well except the phone(4.1.7) can see the firmware file but it's not taking it.

i have attached (2) from -app.cfg where you can find that the phone was able to see the correct firmware for it.

Please advise!

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: sip.ld

Hello Elli,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please post a whole log.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hey Support,

i was able to find the issue, whenever i change the Firmware path to 1 folder behind the actual phone files, the phone was able to take the firmware, not sure why though.

<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="../Firmware/sip.ld" instead of <APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH=../../Firmware/sip.ld"

-app shows: |Starting to update ../Firmware/3111-46161-001.sip.ld. the phone is upgrading the firmware.

thanks,

Message 3 of 5
Advisor

Polycom, 

can you  please advise the reason why that one path beind is helping out the phone to find the sip.ld but TWO path behind is not working?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello KyleR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please open a support ticket on this including if this is a VVX or an older SoundPoint/SoundStation.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5