Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

soundpoint 335 not registering

Occasional Visitor

soundpoint 335 not registering

This is very strange problem. I have 5 sets of 335 phones at this locaton which has Verizon DSL. it has worked for 3 months. About 2 weeks ago it stopped registering. so what I did is:

1. bring these phones to another locaton which has Cable service, and they worked without any setting changes. I thought that it might be router problem so I switched routers between the 2 sites, but location that uses verizon dsl will not work.  .

2. thinking the verizon might block sip. so I tried using softphone X-lite( also using sip) and it work. 

I can't figure out why this happen. It just does not make any sense.  Can someone give me help?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: soundpoint 335 not registering

Hello vlp99,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check with Verizon Support if they changed anything on their Network End as the Phone clearly works as you already verified.

I would assume that X-Lite [Edit by Mod] may not register to Port 5060 or something else but only a wireshark trace or a look at the logs would tell.

Please check the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: soundpoint 335 not registering

I did use wireshark. at phone site I can see that polycom phone is generation some info. but at server site nothing.

Message 3 of 3