Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've setup a Lync test environment, and got an IP560 setup with a Lync account. It can call users on the Lync buddy list fine, and you can even call the phone number associated with the Lync account, and the phone will ring, and works fine. You can set presence, and see when the phone is in use on the Windows Lync client.

The only thing it can't do, is make outgoing calls to normal phone numbers. As I said, it'll call other Lync users fine, just not normal numbers, even though you can accept calls from normal numbers.

Any idea what the problem may be?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Sleedham,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only guess as I am not aware what UCS 4.0.x Version you are currently using.

Are you dialing these numbers with the Country Code and Area Code ?

For Example in UCS 4.0.1 if you dial 001555123456 the Phone will Dial +001555123456 (without modified Digitmap)

You may want to use this digitmap example:

dialplan.digitmap=[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|R00R44Rxxxxxxxxx|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

Above would remove the 00 and replace it with the UK Country Code 44 and then send +441555123456

For Example in UCS 4.0.2 Rev B if you dial 001555123456 the Phone will Dial 001555123456 (without modified Digitmap)

You may want to use this digitmap example:

dialplan.digitmap=[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|R00R+44Rxxxxxxxxx|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

Above would remove the 00 and add the + and the UK Country Code 44 and then send +441555123456

Please provide some feedback on the above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am using 4.0.2, and am based out of Canada.

I'm trying a call using the format 1 (416) xxx-xxxx or 416xxxxxxx

It beeps a couple times, and then disconnects on it's own.

When I check the WireShark log on the Lync server, the phone never sends a sip invite, just Request: Options

HP Recommended

Hello,

lower the SIP log level to level 2 or lower and check the Logs. All of this can be done via the Web Interface.

If you still have questions please contact your Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom Support (you may have to pay PPI)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I figured I'd send you guys an update.

It's fixed. Turns out the problem is with firmware 4.0.2

Reverted to 4.0.1 and everything works fine

HP Recommended

Hello sleedham,

this is a broad statement as quite a few customers out there are running the UCS 4.0.2 Rev B on LYNC without issue.

As explained above and => here <= since UCS 4.0.2 Rev B the phone no longer sends the + within the INVITE to the LYNC Server.

As mentioned as well turning on SIP logging to a level 2 should show you the difference in the behavior.

If you prefer to run the older Software instead you can do this but the UCS 4.0.2 Rev B work with LYNC but maybe not in your specific environment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I don't know exactly what the issue is, but I spoke with a Microsoft rep, and they told me to revert to 4.0.1, I did that, and it instantly started working.

Is there a fix for 4.0.2 to append the +? Where on the phone can you manually add the +?

HP Recommended

Well,

if you read my first reply the answer is already there.

Regards

Steffen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.