Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

soundpoint ip 335 international number issue

mateusz0306
Occasional Contributor

soundpoint ip 335 international number issue

Hi,

I has faced an issue with SoundPoint IP335 phone’s way of displaying international number:
I enter international number to the phone book in 00xxxxxxxx format, but when the person is calling to me it appears as +xxxxxxxx thus is not shown as a known contact. How should I resolve this issue? Thanks in advance for quick response!

Regards,

Mateusz

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: soundpoint ip 335 international number issue

Hello mateusz0306,

we present the number as we receive it in the INVITE from the SIP server.

The Parameters voIpProt.SIP.CID.sourcePreference determines what source we utilize.

Please check via a wireshark trace or phone logging how the call is presented to the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
mateusz0306
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

Thank you so much for your response. I've just captured logs. Could you tell me how should I configure this paramater:voIpProt.SIP.CID.sourcePreference. I can see following message header in sip invite: ...

- To: ....

I guess that this is the reasone why during the person is calling to me it appears as +xxxxxxxx thus is not shown as a known contact

Regards,

Mateusz

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello mateusz0306

If the Number arrives in this format we display it that way. Simply store the contact with the + and it will be identified.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4